Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DO NOT BUY!!!  (Read 5327 times)

gary85_

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
DO NOT BUY!!!
« on: August 31, 2011, 10:45:28 AM »

If you are even remotely thinking of buying products from this place...don't!!! It doesn't work as advertised and if you return it for a refund, it will take months to get your money. Trust me, I still haven't got my money back.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: DO NOT BUY!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 11:26:54 AM »

When you say "it doesn't work as advertised" I assume you mean ALL X10 products since you are not specific. You are doing something wrong. I have had no problems.  :'
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 11:40:50 AM »

It constantly amazes me users that post rants about X10!
They are almost always the users first post, never do they ask for help from a knowledgeable source like this forum.
This forum was setup for users to ask for and give help.
Stating ones problems are universal is fictitious.
If you have issues with shipping or refunds this is not the place to get action.
email webmaster@x10.com or support@x10.com
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 02:01:27 PM »

Maybe we need a new forum topic, for "Pointless ranting and raving". We can then move all of those threads there, and ignore them. ;)

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 02:19:14 PM »

Maybe we need a new forum topic, for "Pointless ranting and raving". We can then move all of those threads there, and ignore them. ;)
rofl   :)%

miffed

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 11:46:31 AM »

B:( B:(I agree 110%....do not, repeat, do not buy anything from these bottom feeders. Their products are useless and after trying to get a refund for over 1 month, they refuse to answer phone calls and e-mails. I am in the process now of going through my cc company to get a refund.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 12:03:00 PM »

Well this does not bode well for calming any worries about X10 closing their doors.

Patience

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 12:20:48 PM »

I originally bought this product from the manufacturer directly X10. What a mistake, the salesman told me it could have an exterior alarm but after two months of trying to make it work (Often I waited 5 to 7 days before someone got back to me) they gave up and told me it would not work and never should have been promised in the first place.  They also use an antiquated way of sending messages to indoor sirens that causes all sorts of problems.  Eventually, they offered a refund and I have been waiting over 3 months to receive it.  I think this manufacturer might be the worst and possibly the most dishonest company I have ever dealt with.

gary85_

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 07:49:03 PM »

Update...still trying to get my money back!!!! Doesn't matter what I bought, was told it would send wireless video over 300 ft., was not told it had to be in plugged into same home wiring. They have had my return for credit over 1 1/2 months, have called 2 times and said within 48 hours I would receive email about refund... still have not got. On hold now waiting for dumb****s to answer phone.

msauto

• The man with the plan and his hat in his hand.
    • MNS AUTO REPAIR
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 09:37:28 PM »

I have to say i do understand gary85_'s frustration,the adds somewhat lead a person to believe that there cam systems are plug and play.As for sending video 300 feet mine only said 100 and i was having trouble with that until i did the antenna mod (wow what a difference). Even the video file that comes with ahp for install help is pretty much just an advertisement."But", and i mean a big but (no pun intended), for the money,you really can't find a cooler or more modifiable(if that really is a word) system.And the fact that this forum is LOADED AND I MEAN LOADED with very usefull info and help not to mention a bunch of great people that devote tons of there time for FREE trying to help people like gary85_ and myself really makes the difference IMHO. I too was misled to think that i could just plug it in and it would work flawlessly. I have been working on getting my 4 cam system with automation and voice control for about 2 weeks non stop (well kinda) and am just now ,with the help of this forum and my tech skills (be them small)and a few mods starting to see some really cool results. AND I AM HOOKED! I really hope x10 does not close the doors.IMHO i really do not think anyone without some tech experience and mechanical inclination should try x10 wireless cams.There are a lot of variables to take into consideration as i have learned.In ending i would just like to say "I totally agree with noam and tuicemun.And do not understand x10 not doing a full refund in ample time(not a month and a half)"BAD X10".I had 2 of my ninja bases bad out of the box.Other than the very long on hold time from customer service they(Tyler)were very quick about taking care of me,no arguments, no "try this", no "its not our product",just yep sound like there bad I'll send an rma by email and have you new ones in a couple of days.This is just my 2 cents. gary85_ I really hope things work out for you.As for me (if anyone really cares I AM HOOKED ON X, 10 that is.Never touch the other stuff.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 09:57:52 PM »

I've had X10 since the middle 1980's, started with the first interface the CM-109 and DOS software.  I was hooked!!!   Even got a neat computer software when Windows 95 came out, you made your own icons for modules.  Next was the serial interface the CM11A and Active Home  software and Windows 98.  That worked until upgrading to Windows XP and my motherboard did the "Vanishing Act with Serial Ports, so upgraded to the CM15A interface and  Active Home Pro.   X10 runs the house lights and we still love it, NEVER come home to a dark house.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Chowder

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 11:38:22 PM »

wow.  My postings of my unhappiness with the lack of customer service are no longer here.

WOW.   quality company guys.  X10, seriously?

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 12:19:43 AM »

wow.  My postings of my unhappiness with the lack of customer service are no longer here.

WOW.   quality company guys.  X10, seriously?

The company didn't move it, I did.  It's being reviewed.  We read most all new posts here, and I left your others.  Superfluous postings aren't necessary.  Now please give X10 a chance to respond.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 06:05:27 AM »

One more point you seem to have missed.
A majority of us here are NOT X10 employees. We are VOLUNTEERS trying to assist other users.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 07:39:56 AM »

Some people only read what they want!
Or see print that isn't there!
Never have I ever stated I worked for X10.
Thus the reply to contact support or webmaster@x10.com
The VOLUNTEERS here including myself can do nothing!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.