Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: External Bells,sirens,strobes, you can hook up any conbination of 4  (Read 39065 times)

dwp

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
    • Facebook

Here is a Diagram to hook up External Bells,Sirens & strobs.
probly shud of used the neg trigger becouse of the Diod, but seems to work eather way. the pos trigger is getting pos & neg pulses but reacting to only the pos pulses. may change that later to neg trigger that way the neg trigger will only get neg pulses. or just revers the diod. see up-dated diagram

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:36:51 PM by dwp »

dwp

• Facebook
Re: External Bells,sirens,strobes, you can hook up any conbination of 4
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 01:20:02 AM »

Can post pic's if any one needs them,
iam working on a wirerless key pad for thoughs of us that  have kids, the key chain remotes are not an option for kids and they suck any-ways, iam allways armming mine and don,t know it.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 06:13:54 AM »

Thanks for sharing your modifications.
One question. Did you add the wire and diode across the sounder or remove the wires from the sounder and route them to binding posts on case?

One caution.
The Mini PowerHorn uses a power line derived power supply. Don't be surprised if you have a 120 volts AC from one of the sounder wires to house ground or neutral. This would depend on the way X10 is driving the sounder. You may just want to check to be safe. If the driver is an isolated transformer then it would not have the 120 volts where you did not expect to find it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 06:33:11 AM by Brian H »

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 12:45:43 PM »

i removed the wires from the pizo and put on the diod

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 12:48:34 PM »

the pizo wires come from the mini transformer wich isolate the pizo wires, the pizo wires are just triger wires for the relay.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 12:49:10 PM »

Thanks for the added information.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 12:51:15 PM by Brian H »

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 12:54:20 PM »

with out the diod ac, with the diod you get DC. now it depends on your house voltage mine is 122 volts AC wich gives me 18 volts and some change, but this is ok, the relay triggers from like 12 - 24 volts so well in the range with low current,like 1.2ma.

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 03:16:12 PM »

hit the panic and it takes about 2-4 sec to set-off the bell same when disarmming about 2-4 sec to shut off,but works great, i test mine once a week to make shur it's working.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 06:15:10 PM »

Can you elaborate on the "AC quad box - blue plastic".  Did you make this, or is it available somewhere as a kit as shown?

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »

it is a blue ac plastic box you get at any hardware store !

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 06:30:55 PM »

Gotcha - thanks.  Helpful from me....

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 06:48:55 PM »

dwp; Did you ever verify there was no floating AC on the external sounder wires to ground?
My SH10A Date Code: 04H33 has what looks like a output transformer in it but it is an autoformer and the output is not isolated from the internal power line derived supply. One reason I am asking is. X10 has been redesigning modules to use more modern parts and I don't know if recent SH10As may have an isolated output as the older ones do not.

The three to four second delay when triggered is normal. It takes a few cycles of the All Lights On and All Units Off commands to trigger it. That way if you sent an All Lights On or All Units Off from a remote. You don't fire it by mistake.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 07:00:08 PM by Brian H »

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 10:10:11 PM »

i don't belleve so, iam not using a tree prong plug only a 2 prong plug, the mini transformer is a reducing former the pizo is a low voltage pizo, the voltage of the two wite wires is 18 volts ac, my house voltage is about 123 volts ac,so i get 18 volts and  change out of the wite wires.the diod allows the dc side to come out,witch makes 18 volts dc. the mini power horn mod in this forum says 115 volts ac in the power horn you get 11 to 13 volts at the wite wires. this is true it depends on your house voltage like i said mine is 123 volts ac witch gives me 18 volts and some change. all i can say is check yours as you assemble.
that is what i did when i assemble mine, i check the wite wires before the diod and after. as for the delay it is normal my larg power horns have a delay to. my box is not grounded it is plastic,and iam not useing the ground so if there is feedback to the ground it shud not mater sence the power horn has no ground just a nutural. and the two wite wires are just to trigger the relay.
mine is working perfectly no feedback or cross talk. i havent look at the date code on my mini power horn mine may be an older one, but if they change to new components then the hook up may be differant,all you need to do is tap the the switched side and check if it is ac or dc and hook it up or  convert it to DC and trigger the relay. hope this helps  dwp
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 10:47:16 AM by dwp »

dwp

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 10:27:12 AM »

i forgot to mention, the relay is a SENSITIVE TRIGGER RELAY ELK-924 IT SELLS FOR 10.00 TO 12.00 dollars.serch the net for it,
the relay may allso be use as a bypass entry relay. it comes with hook up diagrams. with these relays you can hook up any-thing you can incress the zones,these are used in many alarm systems,they come in 1 to 4 piggyback for  upto 8 relays.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 11:36:23 AM »

I got a single ELK-924 board in an RFID Tag Reader Kit. Used with an Insteon I/OLinc.
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.