Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Clock is out  (Read 6168 times)

Kiteloop

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP Clock is out
« on: July 16, 2010, 07:54:59 PM »

I've got AHP version 3.271 running on Vista with a CM15A.  Although the clock appears correct in the hardware configuration , and the location  is correct it is always slow by 5:00 hours for all macros and email notifications.  Regardless of what city I put - here or europe, same thing.  Five hours slow.  Clock on my computer all appears correct, and actually matches what is displayed in the hardware config form.

Is this a bug, or is there another setting or something I am missing?  It seems like it is locked into knocking off an additional five hours off GMT regardless of what city I put!

Thanks
Bruce

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: AHP Clock is out
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 08:00:40 PM »

We may not have too much information on 3.271 as most still have 3.236 or have back tracked to 3.228.
There are a few that got it updated to 3.271 and maybe they can also confirm what maybe a bug or a hidden setting?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 08:13:43 PM »

I have 3.271 and it runs fine, timers run when they are supposed to.  Sounds to me Kiteloop might have a botched install.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Kiteloop

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 09:24:35 PM »

How should the time actually work?  Should it adjust for the timezone based the city you select?  I dont understand why it just does not read off the computer time? 

Thanks
Bruce

Kiteloop

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 09:49:03 PM »

I see what it is doing after messing with the clock on the computer - it is taking the computer time, then adjusting it by the time zone that the computer is set to -  Since the computer time is already adjusted for my zone it is essentially adjusting the GMT time twice.
Is support worth contacting for something like this?  No errors reported on installation, and all modules and other functionality are fine.
Thanks

Bruce

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 10:05:30 PM »

What time/location are you using?  What's your physical location?  Is AHP set to the time the PC has?   AHP does not have a clock built in.  Hardware Configuration is where you set your location in AHP.  If you are not located in a city, use the closest location that has the same time as your physical location. 

Kiteloop

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 10:54:05 PM »

I am using Central Time, with Winnipeg set as the city in AHP.  The time actually matches in AHP (in the hardware configuration form) and Windows.  It is only in the macros, and in the time stamp in the emails they are out by 5 hours.
Thanks
Bruce

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 08:35:55 AM »

Sounds like the Macros are corrupt.   Suggest you delete them and rebuild them.  As to dates in e-mails, I'm stumped.

brother

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 03:04:49 PM »

I have also found this to be true! I am running latest AHP on HP running XPsp3, and just as I am writing this I looked over at the other computer's monitor and it says: 3:29pm, while this computer reads: 2:02pm....I thought maybe the motherboard bat was running down, but the other comp is not that old...weird.... B:(

brother martin    -:)

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 03:45:47 PM »

Check the time in the computer with AHP on it again.  AHP gets it's time from the PC clock.  If both PC's are set correctly, then both should display the same time, not an hour and 20 minutes apart.

rnorton888

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 12:08:09 AM »

My time macros works unless I try to use a security device then it ignores it. I have XP media.
I spent a few hours on with support then got them to email me a level 2 support ticket but have they called after two weeks.... Drum roll please. ya you guessed it NO.NO.NO.
Thanks
Randy B:(

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.