💬General Category > General Discussion

Ratings

(1/4) > >>

Duck69:
 ??? What happened to the ratings ?
I noticed that the Helpful / Not helpful ratings is gone.  >:(
Did the Bandit steal them ? Hey X10 What's up ?

I like the ratings and was hoping that it would be improved in such a way that a rater could give the reason for the rating.
BRING IT BACK !  >:(

steven r:

--- Quote from: Otis69 on September 09, 2006, 10:28:19 AM --- ??? What happened to the ratings ?
I noticed that the Helpful / Not helpful ratings is gone.  >:(
Did the Bandit steal them ? Hey X10 What's up ?

I like the ratings and was hoping that it would be improved in such a way that a rater could give the reason for the rating.
BRING IT BACK !  >:(

--- End quote ---
Without a system at least like an eBay one liner, they are totally worthless and I'm glad to see them go.
Many ratings were being given on a whim with several helpful posters being poorly rated.

KDR:
I agree and glad to see them gone. I can only guess who or multiple who's wanted them taken down and got their way.

It is up to the person reading the post to decide if the post was helpful or not. If one person said it was and another said it wasn't.... what would that mean to a third person??  The boards don't need competition between its members, just good solid input and in most cases a variety of options for the poster with the questions to try out.

Brian H:
I never paid much attention to them. Not sure we could kill a rating. ::)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com):
IMHO...  The ratings were garbage.  They were tied only to the individual who posted the message and not to the message itself.  The individual never was notified of which post was being rated and so could never fix the post.  Basically they turned into a "popularity contest".  You could click helpful or not-helpful on the same post multiple times (an hour or so apart) just to "flame" someone.

I agree with Otis69 that ratings could be helpful, but it would take re-vamping the forum software so that the user giving the rating was identified, as well as having to give a reason, and having a neutral party examine the ratings and reasons.

Given the present state of the forum software, I'm glad to see them go, (even though I did have a positive rating).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version