Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Disarming DS7000 remotely?  (Read 223786 times)

lynnymoore

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Disarming DS7000 remotely?
« on: September 09, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

I am out of town right now and I have the DS7000 armed. If the alarm goes off it dials my phone and I can "listen in" otherwise listen to the alarm going off. If I somehow determine it was a false alarm, how do I turn off the alarm before the 4 minutes is up or at least reset the alarm if it ends after the 4 minutes? As it is I am assuming all the lights will remain on. How do I do the all lights off remotely hence resetting the alarm? Anyone have experience with this? OldTimer? Thanks.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Disarming DS7000 remotely?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 07:34:41 PM »

I am out of town right now and I have the DS7000 armed. If the alarm goes off it dials my phone and I can "listen in" otherwise listen to the alarm going off. If I somehow determine it was a false alarm, how do I turn off the alarm before the 4 minutes is up or at least reset the alarm if it ends after the 4 minutes? As it is I am assuming all the lights will remain on. How do I do the all lights off remotely hence resetting the alarm? Anyone have experience with this? OldTimer? Thanks.

You can't turn it off remotely those lights will remain on until you get back home! Now there is a way around it you're need that x10 telephone transponder see link below call and check but I'm almost sure it has a All Light On All Lights Off

Tcj

http://www.x10.com/products/x10_tr16a.htm

tom j

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 02:09:03 AM »

Well I did a little checking and the x10 unit does not have an All Light On All Lights Off function sorry. I actually have a leviton telephone transponder 6325 that has voice and the All Lights On All Lights off feature unfortunately it's not being manufactured anymore. Check around though you still might be able to pick one up. Hope This Helps

Tcj
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 02:11:50 AM by tom j »

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 01:40:08 PM »

Well I did a little checking and the x10 unit does not have an All Light On All Lights Off function sorry...

I just read the TR16A Owner's Manual and it *DOES* have All_Lights_On and All_Units_Off as LOCAL commands, but not as REMOTE. REMOTE can only handle Unit Codes 1-10, ON or OFF.

So, what's wrong with using a macro?  Even the CM11A can handle something this simple. 20 macros will allow some nice functionality.
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

tom j

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 02:23:46 PM »

Well I did a little checking and the x10 unit does not have an All Light On All Lights Off function sorry...

I just read the TR16A Owner's Manual and it *DOES* have All_Lights_On and All_Units_Off as LOCAL commands, but not as REMOTE. REMOTE can only handle Unit Codes 1-10, ON or OFF.

So, what's wrong with using a macro?  Even the CM11A can handle something this simple. 20 macros will allow some nice functionality.

Say Good looking out TakeTheActive!  ;D Well I guess I didn't see that, only thing is it's not very answering machine friendly though it answers after thirty seconds and can cut off your messages will try to post that information, probably would make your answering machine useless while you were away if that was important to you. Say TakeTheActive could you take a look at my last post in Monitor Plus Run 2 Mode and tell me what you think is going on. Thanks!

Tcj

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 11:32:25 PM by tom j »

tom j

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 01:36:21 AM »

I was just setting here thinking that x10 should really incorporate this feature into the console let you call in and do a All Light Off command this thing has been around I would think 10 years?? and there's been no major improvements I mean ten years is a long time in a product cycle with no improvements. This wireless security business is really heating up and becoming very competitive if x10 whats to stay in the game they will have to make some much needed improvements in this system. It would also be nice to be able to call in and arm it remotely and check the status of the system with your cell phone and yes I know they have that new software OnAlert out but that requires having a computer that believe or not everyone does not have and an internet connection that once again everyone doesn't have, but practically everyone at least has access to a phone cell or land line. x10 are ya listening? ???

Tcj
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 04:18:09 AM by tom j »

tom j

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 12:43:46 AM »

Just reread your post I was thinking that you said it could remotely handle All Lights On All Lights Off. I apparently misread it. I didn't think you could do it remotely Humm where are my glasses  :-\

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 11:51:37 AM »

I agree with Tom j. it is about time for X10 to improve upon such products.

At present there ARE programs that allow you to call/phone your COMPUTER to control home automation.
Example: Saling Clicker and OvoLab Phlink are intergraded with Indigo software.

BUT ! It would be GREAT to be able to bypass the computer alltogether.

I would like to see features intergrated into the DS7000 to allow phone control and speak through when you receive a call.

I do understand why X10 made separate components to start with.

However it's time for X10 to begin combining some of them into a single unit with improvements.
There is no reason why a single unit couldn't have the functions of the DS7000 and TR16A without the associated problems.
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

tom j

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 04:26:23 AM »

I agree with Tom j. it is about time for X10 to improve upon such products.

At present there ARE programs that allow you to call/phone your COMPUTER to control home automation.
Example: Saling Clicker and OvoLab Phlink are intergraded with Indigo software.

BUT ! It would be GREAT to be able to bypass the computer alltogether.

I would like to see features intergrated into the DS7000 to allow phone control and speak through when you receive a call.

I do understand why X10 made separate components to start with.

However it's time for X10 to begin combining some of them into a single unit with improvements.
There is no reason why a single unit couldn't have the functions of the DS7000 and TR16A without the associated problems.

Yeah Amen brother! If they want to keep manufacturing the old console for a while at a lower price that's ok but they need to bring out a new more full featured model that has been completely updated. It would really be assuring that after you step off your flight and reach your location to call into the console and have it confirm that nothing is open and that system is functional and armed Ahh.... what a relief.

Tcj

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 05:33:27 AM »

I just got the RS 49-1000 alarm from Radio Shack to play with. It was made by X10 for them. It has phone dial in remote arm and disarm, 30 wireless zones and 2 hardwire zones. So I wouldn't think it would be hard to add the features to the DS7000.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 11:31:07 AM »

Look here for other posts about the RS 49-1000

Home Security
Problems and Troubleshooting
Radio Shack 49-1000

http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=6939.msg59538#msg59538
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

tom j

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 04:16:55 PM »

I just got the RS 49-1000 alarm from Radio Shack to play with. It was made by X10 for them. It has phone dial in remote arm and disarm, 30 wireless zones and 2 hardwire zones. So I wouldn't think it would be hard to add the features to the DS7000.

Wooooooooooooooooooow seems like that would really be a nice upgrade only thing they forgot is the All Lights Off so if you're out of town and it trips you wouldn't have to leave all x10 controlled lights on in the event there was a break-in. My system tripped once when I was away on vacation but I had my Leviton transponder hooked up and it was just a simple matter of dialing up the transponder and issuing the All Lights Off command. Say by the way how much does this unit run I'll have to take a look. Almost completed my hybrid DSC system but it's been quite an expensive procedure. But non of my components are Chinese made so you have to pay considerably more but I think I've been able to buy some of the best stuff made mostly USA Canada and Taiwanese.

Tcj

tom j

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 05:10:38 PM »

Read some mixed reviews on the Radio Shack home page mostly range problems sounds familiar like the AHP! but please get back and tell us what you think of the unit also read the usual complaints especially concerning motion detectors false alarms and lack of sensitivity in the 2 movement mode. Really curious as to how you rate it, let us know what ya think!!

Tcj

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 06:16:01 PM »

Well as of right now I'm not using any motion sensors. With a house full of Alaskan Malamutes, motion sensors are not an option.

All in all the setup of the unit went OK. The instruction are not well written but with a background in X10 it went better then expected. The one problem I'm having is with the keychain remotes for arming/disarming. The RF is weak and the range less then the sensors. As soon as I come up with a plan to correct that I will post it here.

You have time delays you can set for the system to answer incoming call, sending out calls, entry and exit times. When the system does answer it asks you for your pin number. You press the code in on your phone and it will confirm it or tell you error. Once into the system you press 9,9,* it will tell you the status of your system or if there is an alarm trip it will tell you what zone was tripped. Another set of key entries will arm the system, another will disarm the system. Another nice feature is that you can turn on or off any module on a single house code. (all 16 unit codes) by phone. Once you enter the code on the phone the system will confirm back to you what you did. Turn on 12, Turn off 5... and so on. (not tried this yet)

Other options I haven't played with yet are timers, up to 12 pairs of timers. A pair is one on and one off. You can set times to daily, once or random. The book says the battery backup will supply up to 12 hours of backup. The unit will still turn on the siren and dial out during a power failure if the system is tripped.

Well I will post more as I learn more. Can't talk anymore.... got to go play.  ;D

Oh also you can control On/Off of any of the 16 unit codes from the units keypad.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 06:17:47 PM by KDR »
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

tom j

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 06:28:16 PM »

Well as of right now I'm not using any motion sensors. With a house full of Alaskan Malamutes, motion sensors are not an option.

All in all the setup of the unit went OK. The instruction are not well written but with a background in X10 it went better then expected. The one problem I'm having is with the keychain remotes for arming/disarming. The RF is weak and the range less then the sensors. As soon as I come up with a plan to correct that I will post it here.

You have time delays you can set for the system to answer incoming call, sending out calls, entry and exit times. When the system does answer it asks you for your pin number. You press the code in on your phone and it will confirm it or tell you error. Once into the system you press 9,9,* it will tell you the status of your system or if there is an alarm trip it will tell you what zone was tripped. Another set of key entries will arm the system, another will disarm the system. Another nice feature is that you can turn on or off any module on a single house code. (all 16 unit codes) by phone. Once you enter the code on the phone the system will confirm back to you what you did. Turn on 12, Turn off 5... and so on. (not tried this yet)

Other options I haven't played with yet are timers, up to 12 pairs of timers. A pair is one on and one off. You can set times to daily, once or random. The book says the battery backup will supply up to 12 hours of backup. The unit will still turn on the siren and dial out during a power failure if the system is tripped.

Well I will post more as I learn more. Can't talk anymore.... got to go play.  ;D

Oh also you can control On/Off of any of the 16 unit codes from the units keypad.

Sounds impressive for 99 bucks! thanks for the report you know I did read about range problems what would you attribute that to the lack of an antenna on the main console? That's one thing I really like about the console of the ds7000 is the range I can control lights from 1/2 a block away! what would you estimate the range to be on your console to be, when you get a chance ok go ahead and play we'll see ya latter  ::)

Tcj
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.