Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: need help with VCR commander and motion sensor.  (Read 9089 times)

DANDLT

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
need help with VCR commander and motion sensor.
« on: September 11, 2006, 01:41:59 AM »

well i got the X10 kit with the 3 nightwatch camera and the vcr commander and the transmitter and the remote control...
so i follow the steps but have trouble getting the sensor working correctly.. well i kept trying and trying again but could not get the commander to capture the sensor signal... after trying some more i was getting closer..   when i get to the step where i press and hold play on the vcr commander to program the motion sensor, it only works if i hold the point the motion sensor right at the back whrere the ir learner is, and i have to press it and hold it a bit till the red light on the vcr commander shuts off.. it takes several tries to get the motion sensor to be accepted by the vcr commander, then when it finally works, i move on to programming the rec and stop , when i get thru the steps without timing out, i try to test it.. i can get the vcr commander to start recording only by pressing the home/on button repeatedly while holding it right at the back of the vcr commander then it will start the vcr to record.. then i set aside the motion sensor and it turns off the vcr after a few minutes..  so it seems to actually work but the signal on the motion sensor is too weak, it only works if i point the red light on it right towards the light on the back of the vcr commander..    so basically the signal is too weak for the vcr commander to pick up or, the antenna on the vcr commander ...i tried going thru the steps again after unplugging my wireless internet , my wireless phone.. i even unplugged all the cameras and the transmitter... but still aint workin right.. ive read i should take apart the vcr commander and see if the antenna is bunched up inside..... so ive been going at it all weekend trying to get it to work properly but no luck yet.. maybe i need a repeater or somthin.. ive been reading all the post but have not found the answer,, so you guys are my last hope.. i would appreciate and tips or advice.. i think the motion sensor is working right because i was able to get it to turn a lamp plugged into the transmitter on and off by pressing the motion sensors buttons.... i think the vcr commander is broken.....  so what should i do next?.. HELP!!!! ??? :'( :-\
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 11:41:34 AM by DANDLT »

DANDLT

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
need help with VCR commander and motion sensor.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 12:39:33 PM »

thanks for everyones help
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 11:41:47 AM by DANDLT »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.