Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP turns one appliance on for no reason  (Read 4120 times)

nextccie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP turns one appliance on for no reason
« on: September 12, 2006, 09:51:35 PM »

One of my appliances is always on when I come home from work but I have no timers set for it.  The other one( I have only 2 )never comes on accidentally.
I did a scan on the X10 network (Find other Computers) and it did not detect any conflicts around the house..
What other things should I check since this is a brand new and almost default set up?

Thanks and other than that its cool.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: AHP turns one appliance on for no reason
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 10:31:20 PM »

One of my appliances is always on when I come home from work but I have no timers set for it.  The other one( I have only 2 )never comes on accidentally.
I did a scan on the X10 network (Find other Computers) and it did not detect any conflicts around the house..
What other things should I check since this is a brand new and almost default set up?

Thanks and other than that its cool.

Try reprogramming AHP from scratch - with only one timer it shouldn't take that long.

What happens if you exchange the two modules - does the problem follow the module or stay at the location?

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 06:47:23 AM »

nextccie,

If the problem persits after trying Charles suggestion you might try using a different unit or house code. That worked for me when I had a similar problem. :)

What are you controlling with the module? If you do a search of these forums you will find other posts where, with certain types of loads, modules would turn back on.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 09:29:32 AM »

...What happens if you exchange the two modules - does the problem follow the module or stay at the location?
I'd try this 1st. A similar test would be to set an extra module to the same code and see if it triggers also.

Also check all your AHP macros to see if you have any commands following a dim command. I haven't tested it recently but there has been a know bug that causes a stray signal to be sent. I had a light on C5 that keep coming on till I added a 1 sec delay after all my dim commands.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.