Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How Does It Work??  (Read 20633 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
How Does It Work??
« on: September 13, 2006, 06:56:43 PM »

Hi could someone take a moment and tell me exactly how this thing works for example does it work with the protector Plus and the Monitor Plus. The also say that if you forget to turn your system on you can do it via the Internet. Maybe someone could go through all the major features and explain how they function. Looks kind of interesting hoping that there won't be so many bugs seems like maybe they took my suggestion and decided to let us beta test it before release to bad they didn't think of that before they released AHP I remember people complaining about major bugs a year after it's initial release. Thanks

Tcj
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 02:31:32 AM by tom j »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: How Does It Work??
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 07:57:19 PM »

I've read it works with the protector plus don't know about the Monitor plus.
Actualy X10 did beta test All the plugins and I understand even AHP unfortunately they always rush things out! :( ;)
I just ordered this plugin so we'll see how it works with the rest! (I have all the rest)  ;)
When X10 states you can do something with a plugin they're assuming you have all the other pugins so telling you you can arm from the internet is not all together true you need the MyHouse Online plugin
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 07:32:10 PM »

Ok I've had this plug-in working for a while! And it is not without bugs!
You can arm from the internet but not disarm, but you need the MYHouse online plugin!
It is also needed to send email but you can work arround the e-mail thing!
The plug-in watches RF signals from the security motion , door window sensors and remotes .
When it sees this info it can act upon them depending how you have macros configured!
The more plug-ins you have the more options you can add to the macros! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 11:40:33 PM »

Ok I've had this plug-in working for a while! And it is not without bugs!
You can arm from the internet but not disarm, but you need the MYHouse online plugin!
It is also needed to send email but you can work arround the e-mail thing!
The plug-in watches RF signals from the security motion , door window sensors and remotes .
When it sees this info it can act upon them depending how you have macros configured!
The more plug-ins you have the more options you can add to the macros! ;) :D ;D

Thanks Tuice for the info looks like I'll have to give you another brownie point  ;D. Really disappointed that x10 continues to releases this stuff with such obvious bugs though!

Tcj

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 05:00:05 PM »

Thanks Tuice for the info looks like I'll have to give you another brownie point  ;D. Really disappointed that x10 continues to releases this stuff with such obvious bugs though!
Tcj
The biggest problem is every one  has different Ideas of what they want to do with AHP!
And all the programers are in a rush to get paid! ;) :D
Some of the things we do with this hardware/software combo X10 had never thought of!
 If you read some realy old posts you'll see they stated out right "YOU CAN'T DO THAT" well many users here have proven that YOU CAN! ::) ;) :D :)
Glad you found the info Helpful! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.