Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro activation  (Read 19058 times)

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Macro activation
« on: September 14, 2006, 07:56:12 AM »

It appears that  a sensor event, i.e. window/door open, will only trigger a macro if the PC is on - it can't be stored in the USB interface.  Is this correct? Any plans to change this?

CLacina

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Macro activation
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 03:31:18 PM »

That is correct.  The decoding of the RF signal from the sensor is handled by the driver. As of this time, there are no plans to move this to the hardware.

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 06:28:07 PM »

Thanks for the quick response.  It would be helpful if documentation or a help file (.chm) were included with the download indicating how to use this module and the need for the PC to always be on.

Thanks again,
DeliBaker

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 03:16:22 AM »

Thanks for the quick response.  It would be helpful if documentation or a help file (.chm) were included with the download indicating how to use this module and the need for the PC to always be on.

Thanks again,
DeliBaker

Well I think that was intentional on x10's part if they stated up front that you need to keep your PC running for the plug in to work it might affect sales if you look at the ads they give the impression that there is no pc involvement just a little disingenious if you ask me.

Tcj

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.