Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multiple Camera Connections 5  (Read 16537 times)

gwr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Multiple Camera Connections 5
« on: September 15, 2006, 01:44:12 AM »

I have 5 X10 cameras. 4 of them work perfectly from my remote or Sears control panel'  When I connect the 5th camera I get overlapping

Cam 1   unit code 1       All house code A
Cam 2   unit code 2
Cam 3   unit code 3
Cam 4  unit code 4
Cam 5  unit code 5   This is when I get overlaps.  Can anyone help?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Multiple Camera Connections 5
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 07:38:42 AM »

All the X10 wireless cameras work in groups of 4. The House Code and 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. An On command to any of the 4 in the group turns the other 3 off with no off command to the others needed. So you have to send an off to the first group before the #5 will work. When you want 1-4 you will have to send an off to A5 to turn it off. Not 100% on this but I believe the X10 CR13A can do more than 4 cameras. Hopefully someone with one can add data. Also in the X10 Support Area. There are installation sheets for single and multiple camera setups. Also the X10 Knowledge base may have help there also.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Main_Page

gwr

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 06:19:40 PM »

Thanks for the information Brian. Your suggestion solved my problem. I can now operate 5 cameras with no overlapping..

dgarces3

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 12:18:36 AM »

hi im having the same issue as GRW. i have 6 wirelessX10 cams but only 4 work. all are on the same house code A and on the same dial "A" but ive set all cameras on the same dial (one the one that has "A" - "P" i believe). i dont get what you mean by turning 3 off and 1 on? my kit did not come with a remote but it is set for the pc how do i turn off the cameras off an how to set cams 1-4? and how do you mean by sets? do i place cameras 1-4 on letter "A" on the dial and cams 5 and 6 on dial "B" or is there another configuration. i also have alot of overlapping. my ninja cam knocks out 3 cameras so when i want ot view cams 3 and 4, i see the video of the ninja cam 2 on those 2 cams as well. the ninja cam is alot closer than my other 2 cams (i dont know if this is the cause) please help?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 06:53:41 AM »

Only one wireless camera can be on at a time or they interfere with each other. Exception maybe [never seen it done] would be have receivers placed so they didn't receive other cameras on.
By design the camera power supply works in a group of 4. 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. On the same house code.
So if you send an A1 On cameras on A2 A3 and A4 turn Off without an off command on their exact address.
What computer control and program do you have?

bhoffman67

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 08:34:05 PM »

I've got a similar problem, but I have only 4 cameras.

Cameras 1-3 work fine, but when I click on Camera 4, it shows that view for just a split second, then back to camera 3's image.  I can repeat the process by clicking Camera 4 again, then the software shows camera 4's view. 

Note:  Recently, I swapped camera 3 and 4's unit codes (A1 - A4)... but unplugged both before and after the swapping of the codes.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.