Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Accessing SDK Features over MyHouse  (Read 9961 times)

gottscpe

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Accessing SDK Features over MyHouse
« on: September 15, 2006, 03:26:02 PM »

I'm trying to use some of the SDK features (ability to send PresetDim1, PresetDim2) but can't figure out how to trigger those features remotely over the internet.  I have and use Myhouse to manage lights and macro over the internet now.   If I could embed an SDK feature call in a macro it would work or if I could trigger a batch file from myhouse to run using ahcmd.exe with some param's passed that would also work.  I've tested the approach locally using ahcmd and sendplc commands and it works perfectly.  I just need to be able to do it remotely.  Any ideas?

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Accessing SDK Features over MyHouse
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 06:01:14 PM »

I'm trying to use some of the SDK features (ability to send PresetDim1, PresetDim2) but can't figure out how to trigger those features remotely over the internet.  I have and use Myhouse to manage lights and macro over the internet now.   If I could embed an SDK feature call in a macro it would work or if I could trigger a batch file from myhouse to run using ahcmd.exe with some param's passed that would also work.  I've tested the approach locally using ahcmd and sendplc commands and it works perfectly.  I just need to be able to do it remotely.  Any ideas?

The macro "Advanced functions" menu include an option to send a Windows command.  Have you tried that?

(I recall a post in this forum about command parameters not being passed with this function, so you may have to put your ahcmd lines in a batch file.)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.