Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Additional Oddity in Activity Monitor  (Read 6921 times)

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Additional Oddity in Activity Monitor
« on: September 26, 2006, 07:59:44 AM »

Just noticied the following "Receive RF" (repeated) at 0452 -- "N Trackball".  I do have "N" checked as one of the "specifics" under Hardware Configuration.  I don't have a clue what "trackball" refers to.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Additional Oddity in Activity Monitor
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 04:22:21 PM »

If you notice repeated commands in the activity monitor to which you have no idea where they are coming from there is a good chance you have a noise problem! the RF 0452 -- "N Trackball".   is probably a x10 command from something like a remote mouse if not noise!
In any case do a Search for Noise,  RF Noise, &  Powerline Noise [/b]you'll find lots of helpful post which will help find the source and fix the problem! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 05:04:56 PM »

Just noticied the following "Receive RF" (repeated) at 0452 -- "N Trackball".  I do have "N" checked as one of the "specifics" under Hardware Configuration.  I don't have a clue what "trackball" refers to.

The AHP.dll file contains messages for signals received from a number of different types of RF transmitters.  "Trackball" is one of them.

I have a WGL W800RF32A receiver dumping raw RF signals in a terminal window as they're received.  Every so often, sometimes seconds, sometimes minutes apart, I see random garbage signals displayed.  I suspect that "N Trackball" you mention was random garbage which just happended to correspond to the RF signal from this Trackball device , whatever that is.  Just guessing, but it may have something to do with X-10's old "Mouse Remote" system.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 06:08:32 PM »

Thanks guys!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.