Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Newer Version On Server  (Read 296360 times)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: Newer Version On Server
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 09:19:47 PM »

Everybody,

Just got a PM back from mmallari thanking me for pointing out that this problem is still going on and saying that he will bring it to the attention of the site administrator.   :)
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2007, 09:45:28 AM »

Not to dash everyones hopes but I've pointed this out to mmallari 3 times since my original post in this thread! ::) All with the same reponce -Bill- (of BXVC)   received! ::)
The best advice I can give everyone is:
"Don't try to get this running on a week end!"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 09:49:29 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10 customer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2007, 03:47:25 AM »

I'm having the same problem. Won't x10 fix the problem since so many people kept complaining?  ??? I should have looked at the forum before buying the product.

I sent email to techsupport@x10.com 2 days ago but there was no response. I really don't like to be held on the phone service.  >:( Either the problem gets fixed or we get refund.

JimWise

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2007, 10:38:23 PM »

Well, as of February 1, 2007 this problem still exists, and the two different people I talked to at x10 Tech Support seemed to be fully aware of it (had to call twice since they e-mailed to the wrong e-mail address the first time.)

Now that I have OnAlert installed I was having trouble figuring out how to create macros to activate/deactivate the security console.  When using the main "Help" it only gives info on ActiveHome Pro and not the modules.  When I go to the "Plug-ins" drop-down I can access Help for each of the plug-ins except for one, which of course is for OnAlert  :P  If I select "About" there is a "Help" button on the About Screen, but that just takes me to the main "ActiveHome Pro" help.

Is anyone able to access "Help" for "OnAlert" on their system?  I'm sure I'll find the info I need in these forums, but was surprised that the Help menu link for OnAlert seems to be NULL.

Jim

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2007, 11:16:50 PM »

Is anyone able to access "Help" for "OnAlert" on their system?  I'm sure I'll find the info I need in these forums, but was surprised that the Help menu link for OnAlert seems to be NULL.

You can get it here: Re: Help file

JimWise

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2007, 12:03:44 AM »

Regarding the OnAlert Help File:

You can get it here: Re: Help file

Thanks Puck.  It looks like even the "Newer Version On Server" of OnAlert is missing the Help File (it actually has a ahp_security.chm help file, but it is just a copy of the Smart Macros help file).  I grabbed the file and copied it over ahp_security.chm in the ActiveHome Pro directory of Program Files.  I can access it by double clicking on the file but it is still is not accessable through the Help Menus in ActiveHome Pro itself.  It looks like they could use some help with their Beta testing.

Jim

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2007, 12:13:43 AM »

I can access it by double clicking on the file but it is still is not accessable through the Help Menus in ActiveHome Pro itself.

One of the many problems that still exist with this plug-in. There really is no excuse for some of these known problems not to have been addressed by now.

barrycom

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2007, 03:42:42 AM »

Welp I must have used the wrong email address to request the new file link.....

I sent an email on Jan 19 2007 to support@x10.com and again on Jan 26 2007....  here it is now Feb 3 and still no response or able to download this plug-in.

It is holding up my next purchase..  sigh

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2007, 11:40:36 AM »

Try e-mailing customer service or call Customer Support: 800-442-5109 ,Technical Support: 800-442-5138
Although I e-mailed both customer service and support and received the file from both 1 day appart and only 2 days from sending the request! ::)
Also try ahpsupport@x10.com  ;)
Did You include your order number?
Seems like X10 lost all their Programmers! :( :o ::)
Even a 10 year old (ok not many) can fix a bad link in a web page! ::)
May be X10 needs to hire some brainy 10yr olds! ;) :D ;D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 11:42:12 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

sylvandb

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2007, 03:35:12 PM »

Just sent an e-mail to that one.  I just ordered this software and downloaded it last week only to get the same "newer version" problem.

It knows there is a newer version, why won't it just download it, or AT THE VERY LEAST INSTALL THE OLD ONE!

sdb

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2007, 01:17:42 AM »

The link X10 is sending out is the link to the beta test file ::) Which I assume is no longer on the server!
Why this wasn't changed the minute they released  the saleable version it is beyond anyones Idea! ::)
The fact that they can't straighten this out makes me wonder if we'll ever see another update for AHP! ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

sylvandb

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2007, 10:42:40 AM »

Just sent an e-mail to that one.  I just ordered this software and downloaded it last week only to get the same "newer version" problem.

After several e-mails and no response, I sent an e-mail to 'mmallari' and he forwarded it on to the appropriate groups.  No response.  A couple of days later he forwarded on to supervisors.  No response.  A day or two later he contacted another level up.  Thursday afternoon I got a call, "how about I e-mail you the newer version?"  "That would be good."  "OK, I'll do that now."   And sure enough, I received the new installer about 5 minutes later, installed it last night and it worked.

So January 28th I received my registration code.  February 16 I could actually install the software.  Pitiful.

sdb

P.S.  The version claims to be from early Sep 2006.  It's only been 5 months, why should the web server be updated any more quickly than that?  LOL!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2007, 12:54:48 PM »

As I mentioned earlier, X10 has apparently has serious defections in their programming area. That's why all the "newer version on server" problems have been occurring.  :(
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

caje

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2007, 07:25:05 PM »

I have the same problem...Says there is newer version on the server...I sent email to support...Nothing....Can someone please send me the file ?

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2007, 05:58:11 PM »

Tech support has no ability to solve this problem, though they can send you the right installer. Someone in the dev side needs to upload the newest installer executable to the right location on the servers and that will solve the problem. It's less than 5 minutes worth of effort to do. If they wanted to take another minute or two they could put the update installer on the public FTP site like I used to do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.