Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Camera interference  (Read 8753 times)

rtc99

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Camera interference
« on: September 18, 2006, 10:08:40 AM »

Am having problems with wireless cameras.  The color, b&w as well as the flood light cam all have horizontal black lines running across the video.  I've even move them within 10 feet of the rf receiver and still have the same result.

Anyone experiencing this prob?

rtc99

hocuspocus

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Camera interference
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 10:55:28 AM »

I had a similar issue and resolved it by changing the resolution in the software (not Windows) to 640x480 pixels.  Right click on the video and you will find the option.

rtc99

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 03:44:11 PM »

Still not satisfied with my cameras.  Have used b&w wired, motion activated flood light camera and the xcam 2 wireless cameras.  Still even though the camera and receiver are in the same room, the picture is like something you see on the nighttime news where someone robs a bank.  The picture isn't very clear (yes I've adjusted the focus all over the place) enough to tell who the person looking in your camera really is.  Now that I've invested all this money in cameras, I get a little upset to see them laying in a box over in the corner.  One good thing is I've upgraded from AH to AHP and FINALLY have learned (yep, the docs really don't tell you much) how to set up my system with macros to most anything I can think of using flags and calling other macros.

Anyone having the same problem with their cams?  Any help greatly appreciated.

rtc99

p.s. I've turned off my wireless phone system, wireless internet system, but still can't get a clear picture.  I even wired the wired camera stright into a tv and the picture was still fuzzy.  Are these (less expensive) cameras not very good?

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 04:02:43 PM »

p.s. I've turned off my wireless phone system, wireless internet system, but still can't get a clear picture.  I even wired the wired camera stright into a tv and the picture was still fuzzy.  Are these (less expensive) cameras not very good?

Although the resolution of these cameras is far from HDTV, a "fuzzy" picture may mean your camera is not in focus.  You can adjust the focus by turning the lens.

[Edited]
Whoops, looking again at your post I see you've already tried that.  Sorry.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 07:08:35 PM by Charles Sullivan »
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 06:31:20 PM »

I had the same kind of problem! If you use 2.4gz cordless phones you'll get this interference since the wireless cameras operate on and near that frequency.  Changed to 5.8gz cordless phones and problems went away.  HTH!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 07:16:40 PM »

Also add to the 2.4 Ghz devices that may interfere. Wireless Networks and some Microwave Ovens.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.