Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Would you want to be able to Disarm your system via a Macro?

Via Local Macros or MyHouse
- 52 (69.3%)
Local Macros or Timer only
- 14 (18.7%)
Do NOT want it
- 5 (6.7%)
Don't Care
- 4 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Disarming via a macro? Where are the macro commands to do this?  (Read 107001 times)

hostilejava

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
    • HostileJava
Re: Disarming via a macro? Where are the macro commands to do this?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 08:24:49 AM »

When I purchased this plug-in I thought it had this function. I am really disappointed that it was left out. I hope an update will correct this soon.

It wasn't just left out, It was left out on purpose.  If you look, you'll see you have the ability to arm away, arm away with delay, arm home, and arm home with delay.  They left out the ability to disarm so that someone can't just hack your pc or worse yet, if you have it sitting near a doorway, walk in, trip it, and then use your macro to shut it off right away.  Personally I think it's a good idea.  I only want people with security remotes that I handed out to be able to shut the system off.

paulnoel12

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 12:18:05 AM »

I did tobe able to arm my system via the internet and a timed macro so that in case some one forgts to arm it i can have it trm at a certain time. My system is currently installed in an industrial faciltity and I need the security of knowing that it is armed and if not i need to be able to arm it either by timer and with certain days and be able to arm it over the internet. the dis arm would be ok but i beleive the most important thing is to be able to arm it in case some one for gets to and according to the add this is supposed to be possible i just need to know how ???

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 12:41:33 AM »

paulnoel12: If you are trying to ARM your DS7000 Security System with a macro / over the internet, look at Arming DX7000 via a Macro. cealbrecht posted the solution.

In your macro you might want to have it send you an email, for verification that it ran, as it's last step.

paulnoel12

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 10:11:08 PM »

i am a new user and just learning how to set things up can someone send me the list in order that i would need to do to build a macro to arm my alarm system with the ds7000(protector plus dailer uni) so that i can both arm it over the net from my home if some one forgets to arm it and also a macro list on setting up a schedule for having it turn on at differnt times on different days.

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 10:53:51 PM »

paulnoel12: Below is a sample of an Arm Away Macro. On the right, I have shown where the arm selection menu is.

To schedule this macro for different times on different days, you will have to create a Timer for each day. What you will need to do is create a Phantom/Dummy appliance switch for your ARM macro. This will allow you to create timers for it.

For more info on Phantom/Dummy modules, see Tuicemen's thread: Using Phantom/dummy/ghost/virtual modules

lightiv

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2007, 12:30:22 PM »

Any suggestions why AHP would not show me the "Security" option?  I have the onAlert plugin installed.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2007, 05:05:57 PM »

lightiv:
You have to setup your security modules and any security remotes you have including the key flob KR10A in AHP!
In order to get all the security options this must be done!
I never had any options until I started installing the devices and once I installed the key flob the "Arm" options appeared! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

lightiv

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 09:48:15 PM »

Thanks Tuicemen,

you were right as usual.  ;)

On another note I have created some phantom modules with macros to tell me when doors or windows have been open but not to speak when a sensor checks in.  I am wondering if I am understanding things correctly.   

You can only have phantom modules? 

You have to use a security macro to activate the phantom module?

In my case I am using the phantom module as a flag so that the system will not speak when a sensor checks in.

Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 10:11:59 PM »

"but not to speak when a sensor checks in."  I was curious, by "checking in" do you mean the activity monitor indication?

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 10:34:01 PM »

lightiv: When you create a security macro for a door/window sensor, you can choose to have the macro execute just when the sensor is triggered (opened).

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007, 10:42:55 PM »

lightiv: When you create a security macro for a door/window sensor, you can choose to have the macro execute just when the sensor is triggered (opened).

OR when it is delayed triggered or closed, right?

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007, 11:37:45 PM »

OR when it is delayed triggered or closed, right?

That right JMac, those are the 3 security macro trigger conditions available for door/window sensors.

From what I see in the activity monitor, the sensor closed is what gets sent when it checks in every ~ 1 hour.

lightiv

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 12:13:39 AM »

Hi Puck,

What about when that closed command across? 

For a macro that speaks when the sensor is closed ("the kitchen window has closed.") I do not understand how you keep it from speaking without using a phantom module.

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2007, 09:54:35 AM »

I never left a window or door open for an extended period of time (being winter) but I suspect the senor sends out it's current status as it's check in. I.E. Sensor Closed when closed & Sensor Triggered when open.

So if you have a macro to trigger speech, it will repeat itself every hour. This may be fine as a reminder that something is open, but will be a nuisance constantly telling you it's closed.

The best way I can think of to avoid the repeats is using a Status Flag and only triggering the speech on a change (Clear-to-Set, Set-to-Clear). This of course will eat up most if not all of the 16 Status Flags.

You could use a set of Phantom Modules as pseudo-Status Flags for this. Just dedicate a House Code (example "P") for 16 phantom appliance switches. Then set this House Code as the Monitored House Code. You could then use macros that check for the state of these phantom switches (same as the Status Flags above) to determine when to trigger speech.

Too bad the sensor check in wasn't unique.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2007, 04:23:50 PM »

lightiv
Sorry for not replying sooner but Pucks reply is very similar to what I'd have stated! With the added info that you use the houseunit code that your security module is on as the phantom module address.
X10 uses a technique similar to the phantom module trick in order to make the security plug-in work! If your not sure which house code your security module is on then you'd best read Topic: Tips and Helpfull Suggestions!  (Read 1132 times)   and get all your security modules on the same house code! ;) :D ;D
In my tests using this as a phantom didn't affect the security modules or the Phantom (but I wasn't triggering sound)! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.