Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Installing a new module for KR10A causes AHP to crash  (Read 23722 times)

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Installing a new module for KR10A causes AHP to crash
« on: September 19, 2006, 07:14:43 PM »

After installing the KR10A keychain remote into the PS561 console I've tried to add it to AHP.  I create the module with the checkbox for the module installed in the security console, press the arm button and get a configuration succeeded dialog box, but when I close the dialog box I'm shown a request to send an error report to Microsoft containing the following error details:

AppName: activehm.exe    AppVer: 3.0.0.206    ModName: msvcr71.dll
ModVer: 7.10.6014.4    Offset: 0001042b

and then AHP shuts down.   Has anyone else run into this?

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Installing a new module for KR10A causes AHP to crash
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 07:54:51 PM »

After installing the KR10A keychain remote into the PS561 console I've tried to add it to AHP.  I create the module with the checkbox for the module installed in the security console, press the arm button and get a configuration succeeded dialog box, but when I close the dialog box I'm shown a request to send an error report to Microsoft containing the following error details:

AppName: activehm.exe    AppVer: 3.0.0.206    ModName: msvcr71.dll
ModVer: 7.10.6014.4    Offset: 0001042b

and then AHP shuts down.   Has anyone else run into this?

Is this repeatable?  Does it happen immediately after a fresh reboot of Windows?

Do you have the problem if you start with a new file and the first module you drag into the room is the KR10A?
(I just tried that under Windows XP Pro SP1 with no problem, but Windows will be Windows.)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

delibaker

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 08:50:57 PM »

Yeah, it happens every time.  I did both a soft reboot and a hard reboot of Win XP SP2, disabled all virus protection, monitors, etc, - still no luck.  I suspect that X10 developed OnAlert with a different version of msvcrt71.dll than the one I have since no other programs have any issues.  I'll check the Microsoft support forum for the current version.

Thanks,

DeliBaker

delibaker

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 09:15:59 PM »

My version of msvcr71.dll is the current one so I've downloaded an earlier verison 7.10.3052.  Same results.  I send the error report to MS and see if there is any response - Oh yeah Microsoft - NOT!!

delibaker

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 06:30:46 PM »

I don't understand why it worked, but deleting all security modules, saving the configuration, shutting down AHP, followed by a hard  boot of XP SP2 and then reinstalling in this order - PS561 console, KR10A remote, SH624 remote, and then DS10A window/door sensor - everything is working fine now.  Go figure!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 07:01:24 PM »

Apparently, your previous installation was botched somehow and the whole thing was corrupted.

Glad you got it working the way you wanted.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.