Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PR511s with SmartMacros  (Read 3842 times)

houstonaquarious

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
PR511s with SmartMacros
« on: September 10, 2006, 07:36:50 PM »

Before I installed SmartMacros, I could use the PR511 (motion sensor only) to trigger macros and it worked fine. After I installed SmartMacros, I tried the same simple macro, just turning on an outside light, and the macro always keeps repeating in an endless loop until I delete it and re-download timers and macros to the interface. If I use it to trigger the same light directly, no problem. I hade the same trouble with another PR511 triggering another light by macro and then directly. DM10A and MS14A did not do this.

What's different about the PR511s? Anyone else having this problem with them?

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: PR511s with SmartMacros
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 07:58:41 PM »

Before I installed SmartMacros, I could use the PR511 (motion sensor only) to trigger macros and it worked fine. After I installed SmartMacros, I tried the same simple macro, just turning on an outside light, and the macro always keeps repeating in an endless loop until I delete it and re-download timers and macros to the interface...

...What's different about the PR511s?

I had a similar problem with a RR501. The "difference" may be "Collision Detection".

I have a MS12 feeding a RR501 (Mailbox Open Detect). I needed to add a 3 Second DELAY to the macro that I added to turn on a BLUE LIGHT, RING a DOOR CHIME, and ACTIVATE a UNIVERSAL MODULE in the Dining Room or else, randomly, the DOOR CHIME and UNIVERSAL MODULE would activate "FOREVER".

I figured that the RR501 was activating the macro (CM11A, now CM15A) *BEFORE* the MS12/RR501 were done and thus there were "endless" collisions...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 01:44:50 PM by TakeTheActive »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 09:35:38 AM »

TakeTheActive is probably right.  Do you have the PR511 set to trigger more than one address?  If so, that may be causing your problems.  One thing to try is reset the CM15A (by unpluging it and removing batteries) then clear the interface and download to it again. 

Alternately you AHX file might be corrupt. Make a backup copy of it and try writting a new one from scratch (only put in the bare minimum needed to test the problem at first).  If you have any questions, let me know.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 11:35:16 AM »

I had a similar problem with a RR501. The "difference" may be "Collision Detection".

"Even then he knew..."

I figured that the RR501 was activating the macro (CM11A, now CM15A) *BEFORE* the MS12/RR501 were done and thus there were "endless" collisions...

Although, at that point in time, he gave the WRONG fix (actually it was a WORKAROUND vs a FIX).

You know, houstonaquarious, you certainly *FLOODED* the forum with this *ONE* problem...  :-[  Ayway, the bottom-line answer, IMO, is here: Re: Runaway macros in AHP

Say Charles - the CM11A has Collision Detection, doesn't it?  I shouldn't have had that problem with the CM11A/RR501, but randomly I did. Does the "CS Reset" work for the CM11A also?
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 06:57:01 PM »

Say Charles - the CM11A has Collision Detection, doesn't it?  I shouldn't have had that problem with the CM11A/RR501, but randomly I did. Does the "CS Reset" work for the CM11A also?

There are several levels of action an X10 transmitter can take:
  1. Wait for a clear line before starting to transmit.
  2. Detect a collision during the transmission.
  3. If 2, retransmit once the line is clear.

If the CM11A command is transmitted from the PC, it's up to the software to handle these actions.

If the CM11A command is transmitted from a macro, I think the most the CM11A will do is #1,  but I'm not sure  if it will even do that.  I probably ought to run some tests.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

marty619

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 10:37:49 AM »

I just had this problem and discovered via Rodger1818 that PR511's issue block commands if you have more than 1 switch turned on.
See the thread for CM15A No Macro Trigger. In a nutshell here is the conclusion:

So if you have +1 and +2 etc. then a PR511 addressed at A1 issues  A3, A4, AON as a sequence. The problem is
that a macro addresses at A3ON will NOT Trigger, because the smart macros require an address followed immediatly
by a command, in the above case, a macro at A4ON will trigger. This could be your problem, since obviously it worked
before smart macros so it's not a noise problem, unless you have added items to your line that are generating new noise.

Test by setting just +1 and put your macro there and see if it triggers.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.