Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Transceiver without solenoid?  (Read 8105 times)

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
Re: Transceiver without solenoid?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 09:52:34 AM »

I'm curious if anyone has done the modification of the lamp module to disable local sensing in order to use it with the florescent bulbs!

Unless the CFL is designed to be dimmable, you'd be asking for trouble operating it with a lamp module.

I agree with Charles that you shouldn't use a lamp module with a CFL unless it is dimable.  I have cut the diode on several appliance modules for use with CFLs and the mod works great.  Strangely enough, the local control still seems to work on CFLs even with the diode cut.  I have a few theories as to why but I haven't proved any of them.

Many users have reported success in controlling a CFL with a LM15A Socket Rocket - it's quiet, has no local sensing, and is non-dimmable.  However it supports the other "lamp" commands, e.g., All Lights On.

Good point about the SocketRocket supporting "lamp" commands.  That and the loud clunk are the two things I don't like about using appliance modules for CFLs.  I should pick some up the next time they have an X for 1 sale on them.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Transceiver without solenoid?
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 04:37:02 PM »

I have done TParents SSR mod to a Lamp Module and also removed the sensing stuff. Works OK with CF L's.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.