Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ability to change camera video settings.  (Read 15664 times)

cealbrecht

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Ability to change camera video settings.
« on: September 27, 2006, 07:46:24 PM »

I wish AHP gave me the ability to adjust the camera/video settings in a macro or by time of day or for each individual camera, etc.  I have 3 types of cameras...wide-eye, color, and night(b/w).  And I have six cameras in all.  I have found that my wide eye cameras appear overexposed on the same scene that the other cameras have no troubles with.  I can compensate for this on the live video screen by changing the video properties and adjusting the brightness, hue, contrast, etc.  Also, I thought that I would be able to see more with the low light camera...and I can, when I tweak the video settings to boost the brightness and sharpness.  I could make much better use of my cameras if I could adjust the settings for better image capture depending on the scene, time of day, and individual cameras.  All of my cameras are of the InstantOn variety in case that makes a difference.

It would be best if the settings could be assigned to a button/icon and then the button/icon could be triggered in a macro.

Come on everybody, you know you want this one...let X10 know.  If this ability already exists, I haven't found it, someone tell me where it is.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Ability to change camera video settings.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 07:54:58 PM »

This was suggested many times even when Iwitness was in beta testing. It sure would increase the value of that plugin! ;) and increase  my opinion of it to be simular to that of the SmartMacro plugin which is a must have! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 08:18:14 PM »

...increase  my opinion of it to be simular to that of the SmartMacro plugin which is a must have! ;) :D

Please expand in further detail on why you have such a high opinion of the SmartMacro plugin :-\

As I've stated here *MANY* times, I've been a happy CM11A User for *MANY* years.  But I've been having a TOUGH TIME getting the CM15A to duplicate the same functionality. Although SEVERAL plugins came with the "DEAL" I bought this past June, I haven't bothered to install even one at this point-in-time.

[If you've already posted this information before, please provide me with the LINK - Thanks Buddy! ;) ]
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 08:56:08 PM »

The Smartmacro plugin adds so much to the simple macros

eg: conditions/elses/flags and each additional plugin is magnified with the options included in the smartmacro plugin!You can make realy complicated macros
eg: if it is after dusk and module b3 is on do this... else if it is 9:00am and flag 3 is cleared  do this.... else if it is between 10:00am and 10:20 am do this... else if it is 11:00 and flag 1 is set do this... else if it is 1:30am module and b6 is off do this........ all this from a single trigger

It's been so long since I used the simple macro that came standard with AHP it's hard to say how it has been improved apond.
Since your tring to duplicate what you had with your Cm11A setup I think you realy need to install this plugin(you won't be truely satisfied until you do!) ;)
Your only using half the tools![/color]
I could go on about the options but I haven't truly used all of them. Since I have all plugin except the OnAlert plugin it is hard to say if the advanced functions was an add to AHP/one of the other plugins or just the SmartMacros so I won't comment on them. ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 09:07:33 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.