Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: On Alert Alarming Bug  (Read 10353 times)

Ant

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
On Alert Alarming Bug
« on: September 29, 2006, 06:03:31 PM »

I have just installed On Alert and think that it's a great concept :).  However, there is a bug which effectively renders the system useless! _ until X10 fix it....

When the system is armed by a macro (an advertised feature for remote arming), the alarm console is armed but the alarm status in On Alert is not! >:(

This bug will prevent conditional messaging based on the alarm status.  This problem is further complicated by the fact that the Console does not retain module (sensors etc) codes when power is lost to the unit and the batteries run out.

I have this alarm system in a remote location, where the power can go out for days and for this reason I would rely on the PC (which automatically reboots after an outage and loads AHP) and On Alert.  I would alarm On-Alert through the internet and upon a security breach, receive messages.  However, as the On-Alert does not know the Alarm status, then no messages would be sent.

X10 Pro, can you please fix this ASAP.  Also, how does the low battery confirmation feature work?  I cannot see any function in On Alert which can manipulate this advertised feature?

Cheers in advance.

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: On Alert Alarming Bug
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 07:20:16 PM »

you are lucky atleast you were able to install your software. I just received my email to download "on Alert" software. When I try to install it, a pop up says," there is a newer verson on the server. Redown load." I have done it three times. It is the same. So I called support and as you know they put you on hold foe ever. So I called sales and the fellow say he does not know any thing about it and I should call support. I told him about being put on hold for ever and guess what he said! "That is because they are not there on the weekend so I shpuld call back on Monday".
I asked him if there is a newer verson then why are you people sending the old one? Agian he said he is not aware of this. So I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said'" no body is here". and he hung up.
This is my first experience with X10 people. Do they treat their customer like this? I placed the order this morning and if there is a newer verson then why in the heck would they send some thing that I can not even down load.
I am mad as hell. any body know a better company for these gagets? I would not even give a second thought to switching.
IPS

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 07:45:17 PM »

Customer service is something X10 needs to improve on BIG TIME!
Many there Have no idea how this stuff works or any clue as to what Products they carry! ;) That being said X10 is Trying to get their staff more knowledgeable! ;) There are other companies which carry x10 products as well as other gadgets from other manufacturers do a search on Google should turn up some! But you won't match the prices found here! ;) Also the Ahp software and plugins aren't carried by many others! ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 08:02:32 PM »

so how do I find out if there is actually a newer verson?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 09:49:36 PM »

I have yet to recieve my link to this!
I'm asuming (bad Idea I know) that X10 forgot to change the download link from when it was in beta testing.
I got the same error when I tried to download smartmacro after the beta testing was over I had the beta test link!
Once you have OnAlert installed it will automaticaly update to the latest version Or at least AHP will tell you there is an update and link to it if you wish!
You can request another download link from   here You'll need to supply your order number and the e-mail address you used when ordering!
But I'd wait until Monday, not that it will be fixed by then but hopefuly it will! ::) ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Yin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 11:44:00 PM »

IPS, I hear your pain... :(

I had the same issue as well.  Submitted the form to have them send me a new link for the so-called "current" version and each time I received a new file, and installed it, same error message.  And as far as the x10 customer service...non existent.  Their "tech support" is nothing but a bunch of minimum wage paid kids reading a flow chart, with no clue (can you feel the love?).  I also had the same response when I asked for a supervisor.  Ended up having to call back and threaten to return the product before I got a supervisor to email me.  After having explained the situation, providing my order number, she personally emailed me the .zip file.  I've installed it only to find out it's CHOCK FULL of bugs!!!  Oh wow...do I feel violated.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.