Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remote Chime (SC546A) & Motion Sensor (MS16A)  (Read 3621 times)

KWLnTN

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Remote Chime (SC546A) & Motion Sensor (MS16A)
« on: October 02, 2006, 01:10:31 PM »

This is my first post, so hopefully I did it correctly, if no, please excuse my error.   :)

I have a house full of modules and love them.  I recently purchased a Remote Chime (SC546A) & Motion Sensor (MS16A) so I could know when people are close to my front door or pull in my driveway.  It's working great (even picked up the neighbor as they were mowing close to my driveway). 

My problem is when someone comes do my door (neighbor or salesperson) it triggers the Remote Chime repeatedly (ever 10 seconds) because it's constantly seeing motion (as we stand there talking).  I know it's got a 10 second time out period on the MS16A, but is there a way to increase the time out period (10 seconds) to say 3+ minutes or so?  I would prefer to turn off the either the sensor or the remote chime while we are talking and then turn it back on later?

I do have AHP, but must admit, I rarely us it because it seems to lock up my computer from time to time.

Thanks for all the help!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Remote Chime (SC546A) & Motion Sensor (MS16A)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 02:19:31 PM »

Instuctions for setting the times are in the manual ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

KWLnTN

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 03:59:38 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  According to the manual it says the off command can be set to transmit between 1-60 minutes after no motion is detected.  I haven't changed the default so it's still set at 1 minute.  However, the motion sensor keeps detecting motion every 10 seconds and initiates the remote chime.  Also, it's set to detect motion at all times (also the default setting).

Or did I miss something in the manual?

Thanks again

Chris S.

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 03:22:09 AM »

If you have Smart Macros, I suppose you could create a Macro.

Macro:
Conditional - Check if Flag 1 is ON
IF flag 1 OFF execute Macro
Set flag 1 (or whatever flag) ON
Set Chime to ON
Delay 1 min (or however long)
Set Flag 1 OFF
End Macro

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 02:03:28 PM »

KWLnTN: You didn't miss something! ;)
 Since you have AHP you probably would have better luck with a macro! and if you have Smartmacros do as Chris S suggests!
AHP doesn't need to be running for the macros to execute save them to the interface (CM15A)!
Have you done any resent updates to AHP many bugs have been solved (new ones have been created :'( ::) )
 Search the forums for posts with your AHP problem you may find someone has posted a work arround or a fix! ;) :D
Also Check My thread Topic: Having X10 AHP Problems? Please Read This First!  (Read 7045 times)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.