Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electric Screen  (Read 2577 times)

VrT

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Electric Screen
« on: September 29, 2006, 10:36:14 PM »

Hello all.  New to the X10 thing. Tried a few Macros etc.  things look good so far.  My intention with X10 is to first and foremost control my theater lighting.  Everything else that works after that is a bonus.  My question lies with my screen.  It is a Draper screen that has a standard rocker switch 110v for up and down control.  What module should I order to put in place of the rocker?

Thanks, VrT

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Electric Screen
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 11:08:15 PM »

Hello all.  New to the X10 thing. Tried a few Macros etc.  things look good so far.  My intention with X10 is to first and foremost control my theater lighting.  Everything else that works after that is a bonus.  My question lies with my screen.  It is a Draper screen that has a standard rocker switch 110v for up and down control.  What module should I order to put in place of the rocker?

Thanks, VrT

I'm visualizing a rocker switch that when you tap the top of the switch the screen goes all the way up and when you tap the bottom of the switch the screen goes all the way down.  Is that correct?  Or do you have to continue to press the top or bottom of the switch until it's in the fully open or fully closed position?

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

VrT

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Electric Screen
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 11:38:49 PM »

The switch is a 3 position and stays in pressed position.  The screen has limit switches that stop in fully up or fully down so the switch needs to remain in the position.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.