Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need help with VA11A Video Capture driver  (Read 10060 times)

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Need help with VA11A Video Capture driver
« on: October 01, 2006, 03:22:02 PM »

AHP used to work fine.  Then I had to do a system recovery on my XP computer.  I've gotten everything to work now except the cameras. 

The X10 VA11A Video Capture driver is installed under "Imaging Devices" along with the Intel PC Camera Pro #2 driver.  Under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" there is something called X10 USB ActiveHome (ACPI-compliant) along with several other controllers, hubs, etc.  Is this the right configuration? 

If I disable the Intel PC Camera Pro #2 driver then it also disables the X10 VA11A Video Capture driver.  Should the X10 VA11A Video Capture driver also be installed under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Need help with VA11A Video Capture driver
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 03:59:31 PM »

Don Xp reinstalled the Intel PC Camera driver ! ::) ???
The easiest way to fix this is delete both drivers from "Imaging Devices" and from "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"(if they're there) then reinstall.
If you still have problems which is highly likely, do this "VA11a does not work" It will fix the problem! ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 04:01:28 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Don N

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 08:05:58 PM »

Tuicemen -- I had already tried your helpful hints before I logged this problem ... seems like something else is wrong.  Anyway, I'm going to start from scratch and reinstall all the software.  Wish me good luck!!!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 08:16:55 PM »

:o Reinstalling all the software could cause more problems unless you clean the windows registry! :o
 There are programs for this if your uncomfortable doing this manualy! ;) ;)
In any case Best of luck! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Don N

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 08:54:51 PM »

Well, everthing is now working ... all the cameras.  The only thing I did different this time was go to the x10 website and download just the VA11A driver.  Previously, I had downloaded all the AHP software and then tried to load the VA11A driver from that software.  So I don't think I was getting a good copy of the driver when I downloaded all the AHP software.  Anyway, it is now working!!!!  And it's time for a cold adult beverage to celebrate!!!!  Cheers

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.