Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Smart Repeater Compatibility  (Read 3706 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Smart Repeater Compatibility
« on: October 01, 2006, 11:01:39 PM »

Hi got a smart repeater and have discovered that it won't repeat the signal from my motion detector it's an older powerhouse model SP554 that works with the protector plus security console. Works perfectly with the ds7000 console. I thought that the repeater was suppose to work with all x10 products, past and present.   :-\    Thanks

Tcj

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Smart Repeater Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 12:37:37 AM »

Hi got a smart repeater and have discovered that it won't repeat the signal from my motion detector it's an older powerhouse model SP554 that works with the protector plus security console. Works perfectly with the ds7000 console. I thought that the repeater was suppose to work with all x10 products, past and present.   :-\    Thanks

Tcj

Interesting!!!  My SR731 Repeater was shipped with an instruction sheet for an earlier version of the SR731 which specifically states it will repeat signals from the SP554, although the repeater itself appears to be the newer version.  (I initially thought the repeater was defective since the "test" button transmits on housecode A rather than housecode M per this old instruction sheet.)

I have to do more testing but my repeater doesn't seem to repeat the CR14A Ninja Pan/Tilt commands and I'm seeing some strangeness with commands from the UR85A "CAMSHOW" Remote.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 12:45:01 PM »

Hi got a smart repeater and have discovered that it won't repeat the signal from my motion detector it's an older powerhouse model SP554 that works with the protector plus security console. Works perfectly with the ds7000 console. I thought that the repeater was suppose to work with all x10 products, past and present.   :-    Thanks

Tcj

Interesting!!!  My SR731 Repeater was shipped with an instruction sheet for an earlier version of the SR731 which specifically states it will repeat signals from the SP554, although the repeater itself appears to be the newer version.  (I initially thought the repeater was defective since the "test" button transmits on housecode A rather than housecode M per this old instruction sheet.)

I have to do more testing but my repeater doesn't seem to repeat the CR14A Ninja Pan/Tilt commands and I'm seeing some strangeness with commands from the UR85A "CAMSHOW" Remote.

Thanks for your interest!! Yes please get back and let me know what you find. This my be another dreaded x10 bug, hopefully if we expose it maybe just maybe it might catch someones attention and they will correct it, Maybe. ???

Tcj

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 06:53:48 PM »

CS, I vaguely remember seeing in one of these forums that only the SR731 repeater labeled "Powerhouse" will repeat the Ninja Pan/Tilt commands.  I've done a search here but haven't found it, maybe it was on another HA forum.  If I find it I'll post the link here.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.