Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Weather Protection for Wireless Camera  (Read 4179 times)

camnewbie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Weather Protection for Wireless Camera
« on: October 02, 2006, 05:37:43 PM »

Hi,
I recently purchased multicamera system kit and got them installed over the weekend. I have installed one over the front porch, one overlooking the driveway and one backdoors. Two of my camera's dont have any over head protection and are exposed to the elements. Also the camera’s are plugged into external power outlets. After reading the instructions I found the cameras should be placed under a roof or some kind of overhead protection. Could you guys recommend what you all have used for protecting your camera’s from the weather.

Thanks,
Camnewbie

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Weather Protection for Wireless Camera
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 11:06:47 PM »

Mine are all under a over hang( 2-3 feet below the roof edge). One has been outside for over 8 years ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 06:52:07 AM »

At my last house I had at least two cameras mounted totally exposed to the elements. One of them was mounted three stories up and on the north west side of the house. This one was mounted on a Pan and Tilt base and I never had a problem with it  for the two years it was mounted at this location.

The only time I had a problem was when I mounted a camera with Pan and Tilt base upside down. It stooped working after the first rain. I took it apart and dried it out and it started working again.

I have been using X10 cameras for at least three years and with the exception of the one I mounted upside down I have never had one fail.   ;D
_ _ ...  ..._ _

camnewbie

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 10:28:43 AM »

Thank you all for your prompt reply and suggestions. I really appreciate it.

cddyal

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 04:29:01 PM »

I am new to the X10 world, and I don't have an eave or overhead to put my camera(s) under. I took three pieces of Lexan (thin Plexiglass) and, along with two small pieces of board, constructed a sort of box to which I attached my Pan/Tilt base. The camera is covered on top with a piece of Lexan, and the sides are Lexan cut away at an angle to allow for the sweep motion of the camera. The bottom and back of the box are wooden, and the Ninja base is screwed into each. I attached the whole contraption to my deck, and I am able to mount/dismount the camera directly to this...thing. I think it will work okay, I'll let you know if you are interested.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 09:51:11 PM »

I put one cam in a bird house.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.