Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Some observations  (Read 76118 times)

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Some observations
« on: October 03, 2006, 07:43:11 PM »

Just found something interesting things about how OnAlert operates and I wanted to pass along.

1) Each security module added, door/window sensor, motion sensor, security remote, keychain remote, etc, and every macro that uses a security module as a trigger is assigned a House/Unit code!  AHP will serially assign the first unused Monitored House/Unit code until there aren't any then it continures with unassigned Unit codes on Housecode A, B, C, etc.

I haven't tested this senario but what if you have a  motion sensor on D2 and it has the Dawn/Dusk function of House/Unit code +1 and OnAlert assigns a security module or macro to D3?

2) Each door/window sensor sends a "closed" status every @60 minutes and motion sensors send a "reset" status every @90 minutes and this is recorded in the Activity Log.

3) If you have a Delay in any macro that uses security module as a trigger and the PC shuts down or is turned off before the delay expires any commands following the delay are never executed upon restart.  This kinda makes sense, but I thought I bring it up because if you use flags this could be a problem.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 07:49:11 PM by delibaker »

Snoochy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Some observations
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 09:22:34 AM »

I also installed OnAlert yesterday and I am monitoring the activity from my office today.  I too notice that the door sensors transmit a every 60 mins and motion resets every 90 mins.  What does this mean and why is it doing this?  If this is normal, then I may have one problem...only 2 of my 3 door sensors is transmitting...is that a problem?

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 04:33:54 PM »

I also installed OnAlert yesterday and I am monitoring the activity from my office today.  I too notice that the door sensors transmit a every 60 mins and motion resets every 90 mins.  What does this mean and why is it doing this?  If this is normal, then I may have one problem...only 2 of my 3 door sensors is transmitting...is that a problem?

The security sensors send a periodic signal to let the security console know that they're working, and the latter will report a problem if an "I'm Alive" signal hasn't been received from a registered sensor in four hours.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 11:55:34 AM »

Just found something interesting things about how OnAlert operates and I wanted to pass along.

1) Each security module added, door/window sensor, motion sensor, security remote, keychain remote, etc, and every macro that uses a security module as a trigger is assigned a House/Unit code!  AHP will serially assign the first unused Monitored House/Unit code until there aren't any then it continures with unassigned Unit codes on Housecode A, B, C, etc.

I haven't tested this senario but what if you have a  motion sensor on D2 and it has the Dawn/Dusk function of House/Unit code +1 and OnAlert assigns a security module or macro to D3?
The sensor will triger that security module ! I've seen this ( although not from a sensor) I had a macro already built in AHP before I added the OnAlert plugin! this macro when triggered tells AHP that my shed door is opened looking out the widow I can see it isn't!
3) If you have a Delay in any macro that uses security module as a trigger and the PC shuts down or is turned off before the delay expires any commands following the delay are never executed upon restart.  This kinda makes sense, but I thought I bring it up because if you use flags this could be a problem.
There are several work arrounds for this! Do a search  you may find some early post from the old forum that discussed this!
You could make a macro which would reset flags once power was restored! ;) :D
The way you trigger it is up to you! ;) :D ;D(Firecracker CM17A is what I use!)  A TM751 is what others use as AHP sends a P16 when it first starts up! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 12:46:54 PM »

The sensor will triger that security module ! I've seen this ( although not from a sensor) I had a macro already built in AHP before I added the OnAlert plugin! this macro when triggered tells AHP that my shed door is opened looking out the widow I can see it isn't!
There are several work arrounds for this! Do a search  you may find some early post from the old forum that discussed this!
You could make a macro which would reset flags once power was restored! ;) :D
The way you trigger it is up to you! ;) :D ;D(Firecracker CM17A is what I use!)  A TM751 is what others use as AHP sends a P16 when it first starts up! ;)

The assigned code can be changed by editing the module (right click on the module).  Then use "Find Other Computers" to verify change....

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 01:07:38 PM »

Quote From: JMac
The assigned code can be changed by editing the module (right click on the module).  Then use "Find Other Computers" to verify change....

And how will this tell you which security sensors are on which codes? ;)
I have a dozen security modules set as of now none show in my "Find other computers"! ::) ??? ;)
Update: I've yet to recreate this problem/bug maybe rebooting fixed it! Don't know if it was the macro trigger that opened the sensor or a module/cam in the macro? ::) ???
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 01:15:24 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JMac

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 02:47:31 PM »

Assuming you named them to start with, by positioning the curser on the individual rectangle on the X-10 Code Usage - History.  Obviously if they are all the same sensor and not named then it will be harder.

JMac

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 02:49:47 PM »

My sensors show up on the Usage Depiction.  Don't yours?

delibaker

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 07:05:10 PM »

Right clicking and selecting "Edit Module" of a security device does not display the House/Unit code for modifications.

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 07:37:20 PM »

A workaround for this is to set the monitored house code in AHP to the code you want the sensors to be listed under. Then setup the sensors and when your done switch back to the house code you want to monitor.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

delibaker

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 08:54:29 PM »

Good suggestion KDR!  Thanks!

JMac

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 10:47:30 PM »

Right clicking and selecting "Edit Module" of a security device does not display the House/Unit code for modifications.

If I click on the device, a house and a unit code appear, which can be changed, and then I go back to the device to make sure it's the same as before.  This works on my "Edit Module"!

JMac

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 10:50:32 PM »

That is, click on "module" after bringing up the "Edit Module".  That will bring up house and unit codes.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 10:52:25 PM »

JMac:  Your obviously talking about non security sensors! my edit modules looks like delibakers  post! ;)
Good work arround KDR !
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 10:56:02 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JMac

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 11:05:46 PM »

JMac:  Your obviously talking about non security sensors! my edit modules looks like delibakers  post! ;)
Good work arround KDR !

No, I'm not.  I just tried it again - Here's how: right click on security module (DS10A)
Edit Module
Click on info in module box,
then right click on area just to the right of "cancel" (this will temporarily get rid of module listing)

you will see "house code" and "unit code" - change as required
make sure proper module is shown.

You can then check on "Find other computer" for proper x10 code usage.

Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.