Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Software problems v3.206 (OnAlert)  (Read 50500 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Software problems v3.206 (OnAlert)
« on: October 05, 2006, 01:34:39 PM »

Since only OnAlert users have this version it needs it's own thread!
these are bugs I found in first hours of setup! :(
Downloading the file from the server was a waste of time although this should be fixed by now! ::)
Note: First 4  bugs/problems are related! ;)
  • OnAlert doesn't see all used housecodes when seting up sensors I have a macro which was built & tested prior to loading On Alert when this fires, it triggers a door sensor(rebooting seems to have fixed this) ::)
    shouldn't the plug-in be watching for addresses already in use?
  • there is no way to see what addresses have been assigned security modules! if the above is true there is need for this!(I haven't been able to recreate YET)
    KDR & JMac posted work arounds for this here you may need to read deeper to fully understand  JMac's workarround!
  • Address buttons Disappear with the security sensors in module info? ::) AHP still uses this info! ::) ;)
[li]You Have to specify address first when configuring this type of module as soon as you specify that it is a security module the address configuration disappears!. ::)
.[/li]
[li]Under Preferences OnAlert screen is blank!(perhaps options to be added later)
'[/li]

[li]OnAlert arms Console but not itself!  as reported by ANT here
.[/li]
[li] loading OnAlert resets transceived housecodes this has happen with other plug-ins sometimes as well!
.[/li]
[li] macros with conditions won't fire I posted a work arround Here
.[/li]
[li] All lights On does not work modules show ON in ahp but don't physically turn on(if you use the all lights on for a specific room they do work!)
.[/li]
[li] Email configuration doesn't stick! I get email from the x10gateway even though SMTP is selected ! If I select gateway the e-mail is sent SMTP but then reverts back sending via the x10gateway the next day!
.[/li]
[/list]
I'm sure I'll be albe to add more before a week of running is up! ::) ;)
Other Users: "Please post any other bugs or problem not already mentioned which you have found!"
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 10:59:25 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re: Software problems v3.206 (OnAlert)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 11:36:46 AM »

This one isn't realy a bug in the program or software problem but a fail safe should be added as reported here by BlueSky
Any one can render your X10 system useless by holding down a button on a plam pad!
Suggestion!:
The OnAlert Plugin could be made to watch for this and trigger an e-mail or other program (wavefile,thirdparty addon )to start! ;) :D ;D
This would make this plug-in a truely "must have"
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 08:20:30 PM »

This one isn't realy a bug in the program or software problem but a fail safe should be added as reported here by BlueSky
Any one can render your X10 system useless by holding down a button on a plam pad!
Suggestion!:
The OnAlert Plugin could be made to watch for this and trigger an e-mail or other program (wavefile,thirdparty addon )to start! ;) :D ;D

ANY wireless system is subject to jamming like this.  It's a tad simpler with X-10 since the remotes are so easy to come by.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 09:31:19 PM »

From my experience in the alarm industry, it is true that most wireless systems can be jammed.

However, most of the professional security systems have a built-in jamming detection feature, so if the system "thinks" it is being jammed, it will perform some action (like sending a notice to the monitoring station).

As a matter of fact, one of our customers kept complaining about his system saying it was being jammed.  It turned out that the maid's car alarm remote-arm/disarm transmitter used the same RF frequency, so whenever she pushed a button to arm/disarm her car alarm, his alarm system griped!   :P
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 12:17:08 AM »

Quote from: -Bill- (of BXVC)
most of the professional security systems have a built-in jamming detection feature
This is another reason why I think AHP OnAlert should have this built in! ;) It monitors the commands software could detect the flood and trigger something other than x10 commands! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 07:21:16 PM »

Suggestion!:

ANY wireless system is subject to jamming like this.  It's a tad simpler with X-10 since the remotes are so easy to come by.

NOT TRUE because most other systems don't send a continuous signal just an interment one ( probably just for that reason) so you can't use a simple remote to send a constant signal, I've tried it on two other wireless systems.

Tom j

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 07:30:14 PM »

Since only OnAlert users have this version it needs it's own thread!
these are bugs I found in first hours of setup! :(
Downloading the file from the server was a waste of time although this should be fixed by now! ::)
Note: First 4  bugs/problems are related! ;)
  • OnAlert doesn't see all used housecodes when seting up sensors I have a macro which was built & tested prior to loading On Alert when this fires, it triggers a door sensor(rebooting seems to have fixed this) ::)
    shouldn't the plug-in be watching for addresses already in use?
  • there is no way to see what addresses have been assigned security modules! if the above is true there is need for this!(I haven't been able to recreate YET)
    KDR & JMac posted work arounds for this here you may need to read deeper to fully understand  JMac's workarround!
  • Address buttons Disappear with the security sensors in module info? ::) AHP still uses this info! ::) ;)
[li]You Have to specify address first when configuring this type of module as soon as you specify that it is a security module the address configuration disappears!. ::)
.[/li]
[li]Under Preferences OnAlert screen is blank!(perhaps options to be added later)
'[/li]

[li]OnAlert arms Console but not itself!  as reported by ANT here
.[/li]
[li] loading OnAlert resets transceived housecodes this has happen with other plug-ins sometimes as well!
.[/li]
[li] macros with conditions won't fire I posted a work arround Here
.[/li]
[li] All lights On does not work modules show ON in ahp but don't physically turn on(if you use the all lights on for a specific room they do work!)
.[/li]
[li] Email configuration doesn't stick! I get email from the x10gateway even though SMTP is selected ! If I select gateway the e-mail is sent SMTP but then reverts back sending via the x10gateway the next day!
.[/li]
[/list]
I'm sure I'll be albe to add more before a week of running is up! ::) ;)
Other Users: "Please post any other bugs or problem not already mentioned which you have found!"

Say Tuice how about an update have any of these bugs been addressed since your original post. Thanks!

Tom j

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 10:07:54 PM »

Say Tuice how about an update have any of these bugs been addressed since your original post. Thanks!
Since No x10 rep has replied to this thread nor has there been an update to AHP or the OnAlert plug-in. I would have to say nothing has been addressed! :( ::) :(
I as well as others are waiting for a AHP update!
 ??? ::)Is anyone at x10 HOME? ::) ???
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ajleduc

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 01:19:53 AM »

X10 must have lost all its programmers.
I know if I would have created software as buggie as this I would run away too.

Anyway I just bought one of those multi-deals where you get a bunch of software and (CM15A  Spare :) )
It also came with On Alert
It still has the A Newer Version Is On The Server. Bug

The company I work for would be extreamly upset that something like that exists.
Something as simple as that should be fixed within a day.
That is unless you lost the knowledge of how to do it.

Maybe that is why we are not getting an update.
This stuff is old - they have had months to fix it. :o :( >:(

Of course the other possibility is, we don't represent any new $$$s to x10.
They are putting there resources into new customers.  Developing that ______ web site!
"Let the old loyal customers suffer! Where else are they going to go...."
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 08:49:15 AM by ajleduc »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 10:54:24 AM »

Actualy there are a couple of other programs that are capable of using the CM15A
The only thing they lack as of now is the ability to download to the interface!
And maybe interfacing with your security console but one HomeDomination can do it with other hardware possibly MisterHouse can do it as well!

HomeDomination isn't free but Harry does have a free trial that users can try before they buy! Some users have a hard time getting this to work with the CM15A others don't!  Harry does have a forum running as well;)

Misterhouse is free open sorce so many programers are working on this! you'll need a little knowledge of script writing to be comfortable with this program. Not sure if there is a forum for this software!

HomeSeer last time I checked wasn't able to but I'm sure someone has wrote a script so it is posible by now! this one isn't free either but does offer a trial version and has a forum that you can check as well!
SO there are alternatives!
Maybe X10 is only interested in the hardware side now!
I hope this isn't the case!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

darkstarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • USMC - Semper Fi - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
    • Darkstarz World
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 08:06:54 PM »

OK, I know this is a little bit off topic, but someone mentioned the "money " side of X10 and though its been a while, I wonder what happened with the Chapter 11 that X10 filed a while back. It seems they spent way more than they had on advertisement and ran out of money big time. But like I said, it's been a while, but something like that just doesn't get solved in a day, not even a year even if things turned in their favor and they could see over the desktop finally.
  Just a curious thought is all.... I like some of their stuff, but am getting a little frustrated with the time it takes for them to fix whats broken and maintain what they've got. The only thing that seems to be a constant for them is the 3-4 page length advertising emails they send out every day.
Larry S.
http://www.darkstarz.com
The impossible we do immediately,
Miracles may take us a day longer.

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 02:49:54 PM »

X10 has been out of bankruptcy for over a year.

dgarces3

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 06:45:17 PM »

what do you mean x10 has been out of bankruptcy  for a year please be clear on this

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 05:05:44 PM »

I'm not an accountant and don't know all the proper terms, but X10 met the settlement agreements of its bankruptcy and is out of the supervision of the court in relation to finances and payment of creditors.

kpautohome

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 02:36:55 PM »

Using WS467s wall switches they always work from remote, but do not work from timer, specifically dusk to dawn timers. Right after dusk when they don't work, I simply hit the remote and they come on. Same for 4 different wall switches in 4 distinct locations in the house.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.