Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: macro works wiithout conditions, but not with  (Read 36130 times)

roadking

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
macro works wiithout conditions, but not with
« on: October 06, 2006, 01:42:34 PM »

I've read all the posts I can find on this topic and tried several suggestions but cannot solve the problem.

I have AHP with smartmacros.  I"m trying to test conditions in a macro.   The macro works fine with no conditions, but ANY condition I add causes the macro to fail.

Without conditions I can trigger with an EagleEye motion sensor (#N1) or trigger via AHP.  It works fine and turns on a light (#C1).   With any condition I can trigger via AHP command and it works fine.  But if I trigger with the EagleEye I can watch the macro execute (blink), but it does not turn on light #C1.

N and C are set as "transceived house codes". 

Any help will be appreciated.   Here is the event log when triggered with the EagleEye;

Event    Date/Time    Action    Data
0    10/06/2006 12:34:42 pm    Receive RF    N1 On
1    10/06/2006 12:34:43 pm    Receive    N1 (Master Bath Sensor)
2    10/06/2006 12:34:43 pm    Receive    N On (Master Bath Sensor)

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
Re: macro works wiithout conditions, but not with
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 02:28:03 PM »

It would be more helpfull if you gave us the specific macro with the conditions. Are the conditions being met? If it is a time sensitive condition is the time set correctly in AHP? Have you tried downloading the macro to the interface? 

I can watch the macro execute (blink

It is normal for this to happen but the light (C1) will only turn on if the conditions are met.

If you give us the specific macro with the conditions I am sure someone on this forum can help.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

RJMiller

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 03:07:16 PM »

This is same problem I have... note if you put an 'else clause' that will ALWAYS execute.  Check out the 'smartmacros don't appear to work' thread.  Still no resolution as of this time.

RJ

roadking

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 03:44:55 PM »

AHP will not let me select and copy my AHP screen with the Macro.   I've seen others post copies of the screen.   How do you copy the AHP screen to a post on this board?

RJMiller

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 05:01:04 PM »

I use a program called ClipMate.  It is a sophisticated clipboard program.  You could do a <Shift><PrintScreen> then paste into some document and edit it to what you wish to send as an alternative.  http://www.thornsoft.com is the website of the people who sell ClipMate.  They may have a trial version you could use for a while even if you didn't want to buy it.

RJ

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 06:19:28 PM »

A good freeware screen capture program called Screenshot Pilot is located here: www.colorpilot.com/screenshot.html

Easy to use many options to capture multiple screens, objects, areas, etc

Try setting your macro up like this screenshot and see if it works replacing the my "C8" trigger with your EagleEye setting and my "D2" lamp with your lamp module setting.  One thing to note, when you run a macro from within AHP by pressing "Run Macro" all conditions are bypassed and  only the commands execute.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 06:29:54 PM by delibaker »

roadking

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 06:21:40 PM »

OK, the good news.  I found the problem.   If you select the radio button for "run from PC", it will ONLY run from the PC and the motion sensor will trigger the macro but it will fail.   But if you select "store in interface" it will work with the motion sensor AND can be triggered from AHP manually.

They should change the radio button to say "Run ONLY from PC"

So, now it's working fine. :) :) :)

delibaker

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 06:54:11 PM »

You may have stumbled onto something that's implied in the SmartMacros Help file.

"If/Else In Smart Macros
Smart Macros supports IF-THEN-ELSE chaining. If multiple macros have the same address trigger (e.g., 2 macros both triggered by A4 ON), then the hardware interface will try to find the right macro to run. The ActiveHome hardware interface will check each macro in turn, in the order listed in the Macro Designer screen, to see which macro is available to run. If that macro's conditions are satisfied, then that macro will trigger. "

IF statement logic dictates that when there is no explicit else "execute statement if TRUE otherwise go the next statement".  The help file states the "hardware interface" will check the macro for a true condition and then trigger.  So the I think it's safe to assume that all conditionals, except for those using the security devices, are executed in the CM15a hardware!  This would also explain why conditionals are bypassed when you press the "Run Macro" button in AHP!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 06:56:25 PM by delibaker »

RJMiller

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 10:33:21 AM »

I don't have that option on my screen.  Both Run from PC and Store in Interface are selected and greyed out and next to that is a comment that says 'Macro must be run from the PC'.

RJ

delibaker

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 04:31:46 PM »

If the radio buttons are greyed out and the screen shows "Must be run from PC" this means that you have a security module as a trigger for this macro.  I ran some tests and it appears that the conditions for "Armed State" and "Sensor State" are evaluated properly, but any time, time range, date, etc. are not and the macro executes anyway.  I've also found that flags may not be set by the macro and multiple commands aren't always processed.  The following macro always executes and the chime sounds but the light never turns on and the flag is never set!

RJMiller

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 09:40:17 AM »

If the radio buttons are greyed out and the screen shows "Must be run from PC" this means that you have a security module as a trigger for this macro.

Can also mean that it is an 'advance function' such as email or send X10 address.

I think that my problem is related to the CM15a... think it is capute.

RJ

delibaker

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 12:10:31 PM »

I learn something new every day, thanks!  I haven't delved into the advance functions yet but I still believe that the logic for conditionals and flags are handled in the CM15a hardware and if the macro must be run from the PC only specific condtions are evaluated, such as OnAlert conditions, MyHouse email, and so on.

From SmartMacros Help File:

Flags and Advanced Macro Condtions
The ActiveHome interface supports up to 16 flag variables. You can set or clear flags in a macro command. And you can check those flags in macro conditions to determine whether or not to trigger a macro. If you would like to see for yourself what flags are set on the ActiveHome interface, check the Hardware Status Report from the main File menu.

Only macros that run in the ActiveHome hardware can set flags. If you doubleclick on a macro from the ActiveHome software it runs the macro in software and the flags won't be set.

The following macro doesn't execute if the radio button "Run from PC" is selected, but works correctly if it's stored in the CM15a interface.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 03:19:58 PM »

delibaker & RJMiller
There is a way to get macros that have to be run from the pc to use the logic stored on the interface!
By using Phantom/Dummy/Virtual modules!
In order to have a security module trigger the macro posted by delibaker you make a macro triggered by the security module that only turns on C1(C1 is your dummy module) AHP sends the C1 on command which also triggers the macro posted!
Note: You Should have "Multiple modules can use same address" checked under "Preferences" for AHP
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

delibaker

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 07:52:21 AM »

Thanks Tuiceman!  Using your suggestion of a Phantom/Virtual module worked.  I wanted an ActiveEye motion sensor to sound a chime during business hours and if it were after hours and the security system wasn't armed, arm it!  It's a bit klutzy to test conditions in the interface and set Phantoms to run actions that only run on the PC.  If AHP knows where the macro runs from why didn't X10 just include the logic in software to test conditionals only when it runs from the PC?  Maybe in a future release!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 08:48:20 AM »

Glad you found it Helpful! ;) And it's nice to see you can get it to do what you want now. :)
Using the phantom trick frees up some sensors,  I changed most of  my motion sensors to the security ones where I could ::) ;)
 The macros are a little slower to start but I can live with the small delay! ::) ;) :)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.