Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: hook to my computer  (Read 21325 times)

jrc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
hook to my computer
« on: October 07, 2006, 07:37:58 PM »

i need to know what to buy to connect 2 nightwatch b/w wired cameras to my computer....thanks bill

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: hook to my computer
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 04:17:20 PM »

i need to know what to buy to connect 2 nightwatch b/w wired cameras to my computer....thanks bill
The question is do you want to view both cams at the same time or one at a time? The answer to this will affect the correct answers!! ;) :D ;D
Also showing both at the same time will require more hardware!
Be a little more specific as to what you want to do? ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

wejaz28

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 01:51:34 PM »

I don't mean to hijack this thread but, my question is the same. I have 4 wired cameras hooked to a quad splitter then into a VCR in quad view which is activated by a motion sensor. The VCR records the quad camera view on the TV screen. I would like to send that quad view to a computer and do away with the vcr and have 24 hour time loop recording on the computer, without interfering with telephone 5.8ghz and computer 2.4ghz.

Thanks,   Weja

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 04:31:37 PM »

wejaz28: if your planing on using x10 software to do this you'll need the "VA11A"(a video capture device) although some of the software like the Xray Vision Mentioned by Duck69   seems to work with any video capture device!
If you wish to run the image wire less to the PC you need a "Video Sender"
You plug the quad splitter into the sender and the receiver into the video capture device! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 11:30:47 PM »

I think JRC is concerned about (2.5 and 5.8) wireless. If thats the case... he will want to feed to the PC with [hard]wire. thru an adapter or a video card.
  Of course... the tough part can be getting the video signal to the PC. Lots of ways to do this! some even might work (thats a bit of humor). You can of course just run wire... coax (cable TV wire) is great for that. I use a RadioShack F connector to RCA plug adapter to do that  Radioshack also sells a video amp (about $50) however I found I didn't need one.

Another great feature of coax: I once lived in a rental home... but wanted to set-up a computer network. Network wire (at that time) was very similar to cable TV wire. So I ran my cable on the "outside" of the house! I just wire-tied it to the cable TV coax.

[TTA Edit: Added description to LINK. ;) ]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 11:51:09 PM by TakeTheActive »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.