Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: rf to ir  (Read 6472 times)

jimnfl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
rf to ir
« on: October 01, 2006, 11:00:37 AM »

is there anway device that can convert rf signal to ir??  sure would be nice in controlling electronics.  thanks for input.  jim

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: rf to ir
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 11:19:37 AM »

is there anway device that can convert rf signal to ir??  sure would be nice in controlling electronics.  thanks for input.  jim

See these two topics, particularly the second:
  http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=9982.0
  http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=7856.0

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

jimnfl

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 01:56:11 PM »

thanks for the link only problem don't have ux17a and x10 doesn't carry it anymore .  can i implement with the ir543 instead?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 05:22:54 PM »

The Ir commander (ux17a) is listed as "new" IT ISN'T >:( but you can still order.  ;) you can't have any other X10 software installed on the PC or the software won't work! >:(
You need the firecracker kit to make it work  actualy only the fignuton "CM17A";)
Installing the Firecracker software also stops the Ir Commander software from working fortunatly there is other software(not X10) for the Cm17A that can be used and installed on the same PC. ;) :)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 05:34:37 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 05:26:09 PM »

thanks for the link only problem don't have ux17a and x10 doesn't carry it anymore .  can i implement with the ir543 instead?

They UX23A VCR Commander is a current product.

The IR543 works in reverse of what you want - it receives IR and transmits RF.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

jimnfl

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 08:39:22 AM »

Many thanks for input.  let see if i got this right.  ux17a  is replaced with ir10a. thanks tuicemen.  The vcr Controller controls rf signal.  the ir commander controls ir signals.  you send rf signal which is received by vcr commander then the ir commander controls the device.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 09:22:26 AM »

Many thanks for input.  let see if i got this right.  ux17a  is replaced with ir10a. thanks tuicemen.  The vcr Controller controls rf signal.  the ir commander controls ir signals.  you send rf signal which is received by vcr commander then the ir commander controls the device.
Actualy the ux17a is still that at least mine still has that number. ::) ;) The vcr controler(ux23a) recieves rf from any rf device and can turn on/off (only sends 2 ir commands you configure eg:Record/Stopor on/off) any IR device like a vcr ;) :)
The IR commander (ux17a) recieves rf signals from the Firecracker (CM17A)or other PC interface(needs extented rf signal that a palm pad or remote can't send) It then converts that signal  IR for total control of any  IR device(tv, vcr, stereo,satilite reciever) ;) :D :)
The VCR comander does not talk to the IR commander ;)
Both control IR signals you can just control more with the IR commander ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 10:45:48 AM »

The topic I quoted earlier, especially this post by X10Pro:
  http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=7856.msg52013#msg52013
seems to indicate the UX23A includes the features of the UX17A.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get the Commander software for the UX23A to work on either my Win 98 or my Win XP system despite attempting to remove all other X10 software.  My own software can transmit any signals possible to send with the CM17A, but without being able to operate the Commander software I have no idea what signals it's sending to set up the UX23A.  (If I could get the Commander software working I could capture the CM17A RF output with a MR26A or W800RF32A.)
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 11:43:16 AM »

Charles Sullivan : I have both the UX23A and the UX17A! ;)
 The UX23A will NOT respond to commands sent from the IR Commander software! :'( ;)
Actually it might repond to a unit on or off if the software will send that ??? It's been a while since I played with it! I can't remember if you can control lights /appliance modules with it! ::)

The post by X10Pro is a little confusing the UX23A will control record on a VCR as will a UX17A but the signals they respond to are different!
The VCR commander  responds to house code + unit code ON/OFF[/size] (you program the housecode and unit code as well as what the on or off does)[/b]
The IR commander respondes to a fixed housecode/unitcode (E3)+ Old RF Remote Commands[/size] (00tv,03power,63release, etc....)[/b]
The IR Commander software is a real Pain in the $## to install there can't even be a X10 mentioned in the registry! ;) Ive instaled it on both 98 and XP  ;)
I first recieved the VCR Commander in a package deal and thought I could control 3 different devices I was WRONG it only controls one device!(three if they respond to the same IR commands ::)) the VCR Commander only responds to a RF on/off and will only send 1 IR command for each!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 11:59:23 AM »

Hmm... There is a version of the Commander software for the UX21A/UX23A on the download site in addition to the UX17A version.  Were you using that?  Are you saying X10Pro was mistaken and the UX23A actually has no IR Commander features beyond an IR On/Off signal?

What do I need to do to wipe out all traces of X10 software from a Win XP system?  As you may be aware, I primarily run under Linux and haven't spent much time with the innards of Windows or its Registry.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 12:18:19 PM »

Hmm... There is a version of the Commander software for the UX21A/UX23A on the download site in addition to the UX17A version.  Were you using that?  Are you saying X10Pro was mistaken and the UX23A actually has no IR Commander features beyond an IR On/Off signal?
I haven't looked at the commander software for the UX21A/UX23A but I'll do that! X10pro Just didn't state the limitations of the UX23A  it will send any 2 ir commands and thats it (eg: on/off,or record/pause, or channel up/down) I can't comment on the UX21A I don't have one!
What do I need to do to wipe out all traces of X10 software from a Win XP system?  As you may be aware, I primarily run under Linux and haven't spent much time with the innards of Windows or its Registry.
You can get a program which will do this since your not familure with the registry from Downloads.com som are trials with limitations others are freeware
Also you need to delete any x10 software  and delete any folders in C:Program Files which are from x10software also delete the folder in C:Program FilesCommon Files called x10   prior to running a registry cleaner! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jimnfl

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 05:17:30 PM »

Hey guys I purchase the ir commander and downloaded the software.  Can't get software to work.  x10 said this software doesn't support windows xp .  I got frustrated with the whole thing and returned the ir commander.  there's got to be something easier.   going to try smarthome.  thanks for all the input  jim

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 02:32:47 PM »

I had it working under XP untill I added other X10 software! Sorry you had such a rough go. ;)
if you do a search with Google you'll find other RF to Ir devices IR blaster I believe is one!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.