Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Adding devices to the X10 Pro system  (Read 11538 times)

Rosa

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Adding devices to the X10 Pro system
« on: October 12, 2006, 10:41:57 PM »

I am waiting for expansion devices for the X10 Security system which is already installed and working. I would like to know what are the steps for adding to such a system. I will need to install an extra keychain, another 3 sensor detectors, and a motion detector. I may or may not install the extra siren or the extra motion detector. I bought the expansion devices mainly for the extra sensors and the key chain.
I would be grateful to get some kind of directions. I have them for the main Pro system, but how does one install the extra devices?

Also, how do I find how to assign the channels, and so on. I can't remember if the sensors come with batteries. What about the siren?

Thank you,
 :)

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Adding devices to the X10 Pro system
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 11:15:21 PM »

I am waiting for expansion devices for the X10 Security system which is already installed and working. I would like to know what are the steps for adding to such a system. I will need to install an extra keychain, another 3 sensor detectors, and a motion detector. I may or may not install the extra siren or the extra motion detector. I bought the expansion devices mainly for the extra sensors and the key chain.
I would be grateful to get some kind of directions. I have them for the main Pro system, but how does one install the extra devices?

Also, how do I find how to assign the channels, and so on. I can't remember if the sensors come with batteries. What about the siren?

Thank you,
 :)

If the manual for your specific X-10 security system isn't  clear about installing sensors and modules, please identify which system you have and describe where you need clarification.   http://www.x10.com/support/support_manuals.htm#Security

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Rosa

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 11:31:39 PM »

It is not that the manual is not clear. I installed the system, so that part is clear. But I want to add devices as I explained in my previous message.

I have installed the Protector Plus Security System DS7000
I am adding a second Security Keychain Remote KR10A

as well as another Security Motion Sensor MS10A.

and a Powerhorn Siren Instructions SH10A

I have the basics, but I would like to know what I need to do to assign channels and add the above devices.

:-\

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 12:31:25 AM »

It is not that the manual is not clear. I installed the system, so that part is clear. But I want to add devices as I explained in my previous message.

I have installed the Protector Plus Security System DS7000

Addressing your last statement first:
I have the basics, but I would like to know what I need to do to assign channels and add the above devices.

When you add a new  sensor the next available zone number is automatically assigned to it.

I am adding a second Security Keychain Remote KR10A

http://software.x10.com/pub/manuals/dc8700p-om.pdf
  Page 8 describes how to do what you want to do.

as well as another Security Motion Sensor MS10A.

Ibid, pages 10 and 11

and a Powerhorn Siren Instructions SH10A

Ibid, page 12.
Just set the siren housecode to the security console housecode and any unused unit code, then plug it into any wall socket.  You don't need to do anything at the security console when adding a siren or lamp module other than making sure the device's  housecode matches that of the console.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 10:01:30 AM »

Rosa,
The door/window, modules are automatically assigned to the DS7000.
The first one you rigister will be #1 (first light on the console) the second one will be #2 etc.
up to #8. Then the ninth one will be #1 light again #10 will be #2 etc. This aids you in determining which door or window is open or have a problem such as low battery.

Remember that if you mess up while registering these modules (registering the same module twice for instance)  the light on the console will constantly blink. The only way to correct this is to start over by unplugging the console and removing the battery for about 15 minitues.

The security remotes and motion sensor are also automatically registered.

For others such as switches, appliance modules and the like they have 2 code wheels one has numbers the other letters. To use them with the console the letter on them must be the same as the letter you set the console to. You can use any letter you like. (Most people avoid using the default factory code letter A.) Then use the number wheel to set them individually. For instance. Console letter C, you can then set up something like this. kitchen light C1, Coffee Pot appliance module C2, PowerHorn siren C3. You can then control them with remotes that are also set to the same letter.

There is a lot more information available here on the forum. You just have to do a search or two.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 10:04:05 AM by Duck69 »
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

Rosa

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 12:01:46 PM »

Thank you everyone. I was mainly wondering if I had to reset the entire system, and I see by the responses that I don't. Also, I wonder if the added devices had to be installed in a special order. Since I did not hear to the contrary, I will install the key Chain remote first, followed by the door sensors, and then I'll decide wherther to proceed with the siren and the extra movement sensor which I do not think I need, since I am only covering the main level of my house because I have installed other recommened security measures there.

My security powerhouse model is the DS700. Is there a firm upgrade?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.