Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Security Arm Status  (Read 33944 times)

Snoochy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Security Arm Status
« on: October 12, 2006, 10:52:26 AM »

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it through my search.  So here is the question.  In myHouse, the Security Arm Status icon never shows my home DS7000 system as being armed despite the fact that it is.  I armed it with the proper remote, not a macro.  Is this a known bug and when will it be fixed?  Hopefully my pictures get attached...

Thanks!

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Security Arm Status
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 11:43:22 AM »

Mine works perfectly (at least the icon!), but didn't until I moved the computer as far away from the interface as the usb cable would allow and unplugged my PDA(don't know if that last had anything to do with it), but the CM15A wasn't receiving the signal properly.  Since you get the activity indication, you seem to be getting some of the RF signal.

JMac

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 11:47:22 AM »

Also does your remote have the symbol in the upper right part of the module?

Snoochy

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 08:55:33 AM »

Thanks for the update, I will try your suggestions.  I have not added the control to my desktop either, so I will try it to see.  Just as a clarification, on my computer at home, the icon does change.  My issue is that the icon does not change when I log in remotely from my office with myHouse...don't know if that makes a difference or not for you.

JMac

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 09:08:51 AM »

I'm not sure about arming with the MyHouse PlugIn.   Some one knows the answer in this forum.

Snoochy

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 09:41:14 AM »

No problem.  Hopefully someone will respond.  Just as a final clarification, I am not arming my security system remotely.  I do it as I leave my house in the morning (for example).  As far as I know, the icon changes to "armed" on ActiveHome Pro on my home notebook connected to my controller.  But my issue is when I arrive at the office, remotely log into my system through myHouse, I see the same little icon on the screen, but it does not show it as "armed".  I don't know if it matters, but it just seems funny that it does not display the same status as it does at the house.

Thanks

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 11:30:24 AM »

No problem.  Hopefully someone will respond.  Just as a final clarification, I am not arming my security system remotely.  I do it as I leave my house in the morning (for example).  As far as I know, the icon changes to "armed" on ActiveHome Pro on my home notebook connected to my controller.  But my issue is when I arrive at the office, remotely log into my system through myHouse, I see the same little icon on the screen, but it does not show it as "armed".  I don't know if it matters, but it just seems funny that it does not display the same status as it does at the house.

Thanks

A bug I noticed (and reported) in OnAlert 3.206 is probably related:
If the system is armed with a security remote the "armed" icon is correctly displayed in the status bar.  But if AHP is closed, the "unlocked" icon appears when it is reopened.  A macro conditioned on the system being armed still works correctly however.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

JMac

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 02:23:35 PM »

You are correct about the icon.  I just tried it on the MyHouse PlugIn and it indicates a "unlock" on the remote computer but a "armed" on the home computer.  However, the activity page shows the system to be armed.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 03:23:35 PM »

Sounds like either the MyHouse PlugIn or the MyHouse Server has a bug in it.  MyHouse is supposted to show a true status always when viewing the home computer remotely.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Snoochy

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 04:53:01 PM »

Being a Newbie and all, my question is how do we ensure X10 is made aware of it and it is being worked on?  Based on my reading of this forum, I hear plenty of frustrated comments that nothing happens when they call X10.  Just curious.

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 04:55:32 PM »

Sounds like either the MyHouse PlugIn or the MyHouse Server has a bug in it.  MyHouse is supposted to show a true status always when viewing the home computer remotely.

The bug is in either the OnAlert plugin or AHP itself.  It's observed locally on the PC and I don't have the MyHouse plugin installed.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 05:20:50 PM »

Being a Newbie and all, my question is how do we ensure X10 is made aware of it and it is being worked on?  Based on my reading of this forum, I hear plenty of frustrated comments that nothing happens when they call X10.  Just curious.

X-10 does read bug reports on these forums.  However they have to be able to reproduce the bug before they can fix it, and to do that they need complete information.  When reporting a bug, include the versions of your operating system, AHP, and all plugins you have installed.  And this is important: also include the simplest test case and step-by-step procedure for demonstrating the bug.

I am a software developer myself (no affiliation with the X-10 company), and it's pretty exasperating to get a message like "The software doesn't work" with no other information, and then you've got to try to drag the details out of the reporter.  (I'm exaggerating a little but not by much.)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 07:24:21 PM »

I have stared a thread for On Alert problems and bugs!
if you have anyting to add feel free to do so!

X10 Staff do read these forums regularly!
Posting to them they are slow to do! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Still??? Security Arm Status
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 10:14:08 AM »

Search result from 2006 indicates MyHouse did not indicate armed status  - is that still true?  (Mine doesn't)

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.