Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hi everyone.  (Read 10295 times)

GhostHunterDerek

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Hi everyone.
« on: October 06, 2006, 11:13:21 PM »

Hi everyone I'm Derek and I hunt ghosts. I've been hunting for years but I have a good solid group going. and now we're ready for some surveillance. and I want to know what 3 camera's you would recommend? like for night vision and wireless. I have $150 dolors us to spend on a system ( basic I hope ).

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Hi everyone.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 11:42:55 PM »

Hi everyone I'm Derek and I hunt ghosts. I've been hunting for years but I have a good solid group going. and now we're ready for some surveillance. and I want to know what 3 camera's you would recommend? like for night vision and wireless. I have $150 dolors us to spend on a system ( basic I hope ).

You'll need to describe your requirements in more detail, e.g., do your subjects appear in a house (with AC power, recording equipment, PC, etc) or outside somewhere remote?  How about illumination - do the subjects emit light or do you have to illuminate them?  Would your subjects set off a motion detector (based on changes in emitted IR level)?

As you might imagine, the majority of us have no first-hand experience with your subjects.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

GhostHunterDerek

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 09:52:53 AM »

You'll need to describe your requirements in more detail, e.g., do your subjects appear in a house (with AC power, recording equipment, PC, etc) or outside somewhere remote?  How about illumination - do the subjects emit light or do you have to illuminate them?  Would your subjects set off a motion detector (based on changes in emitted IR level)?

As you might imagine, the majority of us have no first-hand experience with your subjects.

Well I will need a camera with 0.0 lux and can be operated by a laptop. and adobe premiere.

some times the subjects are lit up and some they are not.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 11:05:07 AM »

Well I will need a camera with 0.0 lux and can be operated by a laptop. and adobe premiere.

some times the subjects are lit up and some they are not.

None of the X10 cameras include any source of illumination.  The low-light "Night Watch" models require at least somewhat dim interior room illumination.  See http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Minimum_Lux_for_NightWatch
The Sentinel model supposedly can work as low as 0.02 Lux, but its cost far exceeds your budget.

A battery pack is available for many X10 wireless camera transmitters, however the receiver requires 9 or 12 Volt DC power depending on the model (normally supplied by a 120 VAC wall-wart).

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

GhostHunterDerek

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 11:26:52 PM »

ok I need 0.0 lux to 0.1 camera's I have another camera in mind but it's not an X10.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.