Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Some camera videos are readable and some are not readable -- why?  (Read 31462 times)

bronco

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Some camera videos are readable and some are not readable -- why?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 01:29:41 PM »

I solved the many triggers on a motion detector by pluging in the transceiver to an appliance module connected to the A/c
in the macro that is triggered by the Mot det , the first thing i did was turn off the appliance module with stops any more transmissions of the Mot det.  the last step in the macro is to turn the appliance mod back on.

I had tried flags, other macros sent/received from the old cm-11 and using the cm-15 but nothing worked as well as the above.

The mot det was outside far enough away from any other transceiver to pick it up.

Also, the video files seem to be very sensistive to the codec used.  search for codec , I posted some things there.

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 02:35:13 PM »

bronco -- thanks for the reply.

I would like to duplicate your setup.  What transceiver (RR501, TM751, etc.) and appliance models (AM14A, AM486, etc.) are you using? 

You mentioned the sensitivity to Codec used.  I'm using Cinepak Codec by Radius.  I'll try the Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V2 that you mentioned in this thread  http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=9013.0  Where did you get it?  Although, it sounds as if you still get zero-length files.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:38:20 PM by Don N »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 02:59:07 PM »

bronco -- thanks for the reply.

I would like to duplicate your setup.  What transceiver (RR501, TM751, etc.) and appliance models (AM14A, AM486, etc.) are you using? 

You mentioned the sensitivity to Codec used.  I'm using Cinepak Codec by Radius.  I'll try the Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V2 that you mentioned in this thread  http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=9013.0  Where did you get it?  Although, it sounds as if you still get zero-length files.
I too had better luck with some Codecs then others but still couldn't get 100% reliability! :'( ::) ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bronco

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 08:59:06 PM »

Appl Mods can be either AM466 (3prong)  or AM486((2 prong)

Transceiver TM751

On the Codec, Using the Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V2   Key=8,comp=75,dataRate=300
  Today I have several runs made setting the record time to:
        2 sec yielded two files each running about 45 sec each
        8 sec yielded eight files each running about 45 sec each except for the last one running for 6 sec

it seems to be holding steady,  people walking at times seems a bit jerky.
  anybody have any suggestions on settings?

The Microsoft mpeg-4 V2 was on my machine and just showed up as a selection.

after you select another codec be sure to save it.

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 10:43:19 PM »

Hmmm -- I hope I'm not celebrating too soon, but perhaps my problem has been resolved.  No more unreadable video files!!!  I had to move my PC within my den to accommodate my wife's need to rearrange things (I think most will understand this)!!!!  As a result:
1.  I had to plug the CM15A and the VA11A into a different outlet.  (I really don't think this had any impact)
2.  I was using two USB ports on the front of the computer for the CM15A and VA11A.  I switched to the USB ports on back of the computer.  (Possibly the solution)
3.  I needed to download another copy of the VA11A driver to accommodate the change in USB ports.  (Possibly the solution)

No other changes were made.  But as I said above, for two days now I've had no unreadable video files.  The motion sensors fire off multiple RF signals (as they detect motion) and the camera macro responds perfectly.  No more AHP crash messages either.

You can draw your own conclusions on whether any of these actions resolved the problem or not.  But for now, it's working and I'm crediting my wife with helping to solve the problem.  ;)   

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 10:49:30 PM »

Haiku:
    Yesterday it worked.
    Today it's not working.
    Windows is like that.

(Or vice-versa if you prefer.)
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.