🔌General Home Automation > Original ActiveHome

Do You (?Still?) Use The CM11A As Your PRIMARY Home Controller?!?

(1/9) > >>

TakeTheActive:
Yeah, I know that I'm the "Short-Timer " here [Date Registered: 2006-06-23, 00:44:18], the *NEWEST* Community Organizer, (aka the one with the BIGGEST MOUTH!  :o ), yet I'd *STILL* like to have the opportunity to turn this "X10 Community" around, from one of (mostly, IMO) NEGATIVITY (i.e. the majority of the posts COMPLAINING ABOUT X10, or asking for HELP ME! - for situations that have ALREADY been answered / addressed  :o ) into one of (at least some) POSITIVITY (is that a real word?) where there are *ALSO* posts of "Here's What *I* Did With X10!".

In other words, IMHO, Folks should come here to SHARE IDEAS :) as well as ASK FOR TECHNICAL HELP and/or COMPLAIN.  :(

So, here's my *FIRST* (of what I hope to be SEVERAL POLL(s) about X10...

Please participate, comment and VOTE!  :)

BTW, the various FONTS / COLORS / FORMATTING / ETC... that I use in my posts are intended to convey some sense of EMOTION / FEELING / URGENCY (or not) compared to regular FLAT text. 

Interpret them as you will...  :)

[TTA Edit: Correct spelling error - THANKS Jim! Re: Do You (?Still?) Use The CM11A As Your PRIMARY Home Controller?!? ]

ralex17:
Yes, I've used my CM11A for several years with few problems.  Although recent electrical problems in my area seem to have shorted out my controller.  But I plan to buy another one and avoid  the Activehome Pro due to problems I have heard about (low range, etc).

Oldtimer:

--- Quote from: TakeTheActive on September 07, 2006, 01:55:02 AM ---"Here's What *I* Did With X10!".

In other words, IMHO, Folks should come here to SHARE IDEAS :) as well as ASK FOR TECHNICAL HELP and/or COMPLAIN.  :(

--- End quote ---

I agree with TakeTheActive.  I have a couple of X10 related write ups in the FAQ I've written for my wife and family about all the equipment I've installed in, and mods I've made to, our home.  I'd be happy to post these but please tell me the best topic area to put them in.

TakeTheActive:

--- Quote from: ralex17 on October 13, 2006, 04:25:09 PM ---Yes, I've used my CM11A for several years with few problems.  Although recent electrical problems in my area seem to have shorted out my controller.  But I plan to buy another one and avoid  the Activehome Pro due to problems I have heard about (low range, etc).

--- End quote ---

Land Sakes Alive! Golly Gee Willikers!! WOW!!!  :o

The tumbleweeds were rolling through this thread (Posted: «  on: 2006-09-07, 01:55:02 » - ZERO REPLIES!  :'( ) and I was preparing to get estimates for a tombstone when you "rode through ".  ;D

ralex17: THANKS for bumping this thread back into view!

Oldtimer: THANKS for finding it and offering your support!

TakeTheActive:

--- Quote from: Oldtimer on October 13, 2006, 05:31:32 PM ---I agree with TakeTheActive.  I have a couple of X10 related write ups in the FAQ I've written for my wife and family about all the equipment I've installed in, and mods I've made to, our home. 

I'd be happy to post these but please tell me the best topic area to put them in.[/size]
--- End quote ---

THANKS Oldtimer!  :)

Whereever you put them, any Community Organizer can move them if they feel it's really necessary. BUT, write them up and POST THEM - we can deal with the piddly details later!  ;D

How about we start here: Troubleshooting Automation Problems ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version