🔌General Home Automation > Original ActiveHome

Do You (?Still?) Use The CM11A As Your PRIMARY Home Controller?!?

<< < (2/10) > >>

Oldtimer:
TakeTheActive: Okay, go ahead and delete both our pearls of wisdom!  ;D

Seriously though,  you may have acaccidentally touched on the problem.  What I am offering to post has nothing whatsoever to do with  Trouble Shooting Automation Problems.  What I've written up are articles about how I integrated X10 equipment into environmental control systems in our house that utilize waste heat and solar heat to reduce our oil bill.  We need a topic area to post successful applications like these so others can learn how powerful a tool X10 can be.  That's one way to counterbalance all the it doesn't work postings.

TakeTheActive:

--- Quote from: Oldtimer on October 13, 2006, 08:37:11 PM ---Seriously though,  you may have acaccidentally touched on the problem.  What I am offering to post has nothing whatsoever to do with  Trouble Shooting Automation Problems.  What I've written up are articles about how I integrated X10 equipment into environmental control systems in our house that utilize waste heat and solar heat to reduce our oil bill.  We need a topic area to post successful applications like these so others can learn how powerful a tool X10 can be.  That's one way to counterbalance all the it doesn't work postings.
--- End quote ---

Yes, I understand. BUT, *ALL* of our hands are tied (Community Organizers *AND* Administrators) by X10 Management - the Forums available are what there is.

My interpretation:

* Automating Your House - Pre-purchase Home Automation questions.
* Troubleshooting Automation Problems - Post-purchase Home Automation questions, tips, hints, etc...

Where else would you suggest (out of *ONLY* the choices currently available?)  ???

Hemingray:
Up until recently, my primary controller was a BSR X10-014311 plug-in base controller (Similar to X10's SC503). Now I rely on my Palmpad (HR12A) and my Transceiver (TM751). I'll likely keep the BSR around for the purpose of programming socket rockets (whenever I get to obtaining/using those). I do own a CM11A (Radioshack 61-2417), But it does not always work properly. I'll go on about my CM11A issues in the right forum  ;)

tom j:

--- Quote from: ralex17 on October 13, 2006, 04:25:09 PM ---Yes, I've used my CM11A for several years with few problems.  Although recent electrical problems in my area seem to have shorted out my controller.  But I plan to buy another one and avoid  the Activehome Pro due to problems I have heard about (low range, etc).

--- End quote ---

Low Range OOOOO Yeah!!!!!!!!

Tom j

BentSk8r:
Just got things running under Vista.  First install of Active Home 1.43 didn't work.  It seems that my system (Gateway GM5407E) only has COM 1 and the best way to specify that is during installation.  After the reboot everything worked perfectly.  My simple requirements are met just fine with the CM11A and I'm thrilled not to shell out the $50 for the CM15.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version