Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Possible to find a dimmer wall switch transmitter?  (Read 4939 times)

treblemaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Possible to find a dimmer wall switch transmitter?
« on: May 22, 2008, 12:46:47 AM »

I apologize if this has been answered already; my google-fu is weak today.

I have a light fixture that was previously controlled by an old-fashioned pull-chain.  It is in a finished basement so I do not have attic access above the fixture, and I don't want to tear into the walls.   So I am looking at using a simple X10 wall switch and remote module to control it.

Here's the catch:  I would like to make it dimmable.   Problem is, the only X10 dimmer wall switches I can find are receivers, not transmitters, and they have the dimmer electronics combined with the switch.   I also do not plan to have a controller or computer interface for just one light...

Is it possible to find a wall switch dimmer controller that can transmit to the dimmer module in the light fixture?   Plus-points if it looks and operates like a conventional dimmer (either slide or rotary).

Thank you for your help.
Best Regards,

Jeff Buckles
    Aloha, OR, USA

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Possible to find a dimmer wall switch transmitter?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 06:53:15 AM »

Do you know if there is some room in the light fixtures box? X10Pro makes a fixture module that mounts inside the fixture. XPDF is the dimming type and the non dimming XPFM for things like fluorescent lights.
X10Pro and a few other manufacturers make wall switch type modules that can send X10 signals to other modules. 
Details on the X10Pro stuff with install manuals www.x10pro.com
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:56:13 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.