Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Load Turns on module AM486  (Read 3652 times)

MDE

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Load Turns on module AM486
« on: October 21, 2006, 03:00:08 PM »

I do not want my loads to turn on this module.  This module feeds wires that go to 5 fluorescent lights.  There are other wires in the conduit that are used for other house lights and they inductively couple some voltage over to my problem circuit.  I would like to go to a module that didn't have the feature of a on/off load to turn the module on but I'm not so sure there are any.  Where can I get a schematic on this module?   

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Load Turns on module AM486
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 03:47:23 PM »

5 fluorescent lights are probably more load than a AM486, which is a plug-in module, can handle.  You probably need a XPFM X10 pro module for all 5 or two XPFMs splitting the total load. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 06:52:41 PM »

I do not want my loads to turn on this module...  ...There are other wires in the conduit that are used for other house lights and they inductively couple some voltage over to my problem circuit.

You hit the nail right on the head! 8)  Pretty darn good detective work for a NEWBIE (first time poster). Please visit:

and introduce yourself.

...I would like to go to a module that didn't have the feature of a on/off load to turn the module on but I'm not so sure there are any.

That's referred to as "Local Control" and/or "Local Current Sense". If you do a SEARCH, you'll find plenty of messages discussing it - especially as it relates to DISABLING it when using CFLs!

...Where can I get a schematic on this module?

When you read my Sig LINK and Troubleshooting FAQ, you'll find a LINK for Ido Bartana's Excellent X10 Knowledgebase Site - they're there. Also, if you SEARCH through Duck69's recent posts, I recall seeing some LINKs on "How-To:" do what you want to do in them. :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 08:14:00 PM by TakeTheActive »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 06:22:14 AM »

I also think it is the Local sensing Circuit as I have also had the same things happen to me.
The links given should get you what you need.
I have done the Disable Local Control and the Disable Local Sensing Current on mine. Local sensing current can make some CFLs flicker.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.