Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newer Version on Server  (Read 14004 times)

gakellerman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Newer Version on Server
« on: February 28, 2007, 07:55:18 PM »

I have been RIPPED-OFF!

Well now after two weeks of absolutely no reply from X-10 concerning  the OnAlert plug in and the inability for folks to download it after paying...including me...I guess I need to call my state attorney General's office, the better business folks and anyone else I can think of and report the THEFT of my money!

I am also going to call my credit card company and contest the charges I have made from X-10...in excess of $400.  I am also now going to tell anyone  and everyone who will listen NOT TO Purchase X-10 products as they are THIEVES!

Pretty SAD

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Newer Version on Server
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 08:10:55 PM »

1. CALM DOWN!!

2. Send a PM to mmallari, he is well aware of the is ongoing "Newer Version on Server" problem, it's ongoing.  In your PM, point out this.   You are not the first person to have this problem. Also point out that X10 needs to fix this NOW!!!, and if you recieve no satisfaction from him (very doubtful), advise him of what you intend to do.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 07:25:05 PM »

This is a pretty simple problem for X10 to fix. It's one of the things I was responsible for when I was there. Maybe I should email someone at X10 and remind them how it works and how to fix the problem.

jdelapen

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 08:01:05 PM »

Please do so MichaelC.  I am also having the 2 problems everybody is telling about:  1) “Newer version in server” during OnAlert installation; and 2) A total lack of support from X10, whose tech support dept. does not even reply to e-mails…

Regards,

jdelapen

jdelapen

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 08:24:27 PM »

Well, I have just received an e-mail from tech support with a new installation file.  I think this fixes problem #2 (no response to emails).  I will give a try on the new file tonight so hopefully it will solve problem #1 (“new version in server” error).  I will post tomorrow whatever the outcome results.

Meanwhile, thanks to Eric Boyd from X10 for sending the new OnAlert installer file…

Regards,

jdelapen

jdelapen

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 01:18:16 PM »

OK, just lo let you know that file shared by tech support works fine and do not show the "newer version in server" error.  I think it should be very reasonable to have this newer file in the server, so it is available to everybody doing the OnAlert installation.

Regards,

jdelapen

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.