🖥️ActiveHome Pro > OnAlert

Flooding!

(1/4) > >>

Tuicemen:
Flooding AHP with steady commands (eg: holding down a button on your palm pad) makes AHP & all plug-in useless
What is needed is a means of detecting this!
The option to send a e-mail, play a wave file, or open another program on detecting  a flood of signals would make this plug-in a true security must have!
In the mean time a thirdparty software developer is creating this option!
Why is he always one step ahead of x10?
He listens to what users want and  adds it quickly!
Does he secretly work for them?
Oviously not, all thier programers are working 24/7 on getting AHP Windows Vista certified! ;) :) :D

Charles Sullivan:
i'm wondering how one would define a "flood".  Perhaps the same signal (RF or PLC) repeated continually for some period of time?  How about a continuous stream of any combination of signals - how to distinguish this from a long macro?  How about collided signals, i.e., suppose one held down a different button on two or more PalmPads at the same time?

I suggest that given the nature of X10 transmissions the problem may not admit of a straightforward solution.

Tuicemen:
It probably isn't a straight forward solution!  But I've found if I hold down a button on a palm pad I get a steady signal on commands every second no other remotes that I have or motion sensors can be picked up by AHP during this time!
The planed option will require some setting up!
I haven't seen a beta of this but the plan is for the user to set the  X number of redundant events in Y number of seconds! ;) :D
This may need some tweeking but at least  after X & Y are met an alarm can be triggered and maybe after 2 consecutive alarms, a phone call sent! ::) ;) :D
These are just some examples if you can think of any thing which would add  to this option feel free to email X10dispatcher Admin

Tuicemen:
Well I've tested this flood detection (x10dispatcher) and it does what I want! ;) :D ;D[/b]
I can have it call my cell phone(or any phone) tell me there is a Security/Flooding problem ;)
At the same time play a continuous TTS wav(over the PC speakers) as long as the flooding persists. ;)
Have tested with X10WavPlayer as well,but I may need to tweak that program for this application!
I haven't tested the e-mail send or MSN Alerts yet!
Those alerts work for other things so there isn't a reason for them not to work here! ::)
This makes for a must have security fail safe!

--- Quote from: ---If anyone wants to test out the flood protection then you can download x10dispatcher here :
http://x10dispatcher.com/Downloads.aspx

Once you've got that, download the 366beta here and extract the exe over the original :
http://x10dispatcher.com/Downloads/Dispatch366beta.zip
--- End quote ---

KDR:
I posted in another thread Topic: Disarming DS7000 remotely?  (Read 4261 times) which near the end turned into a similar topic. I have a few cams set up on Ninja pan tilt units. When you use iWitness to pan or tilt it sends a RF signal and I see in activity monitor it sends once every second until you stop panning or tilting. Would this be seen as flooding? Also the hand held remote for the ninja sends a stream of RF as long as the pan/tilt buttons are held down. Activity monitor doesn't seem to record the same activity as compared to using iWitness (less activity). Again I wonder if it would be seen as flooding? Do you have any Ninjas that you could test the X10Dispatch software with the panning and tilting?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version