Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pro2000 console chimes  (Read 9347 times)

newsecure

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Pro2000 console chimes
« on: August 07, 2006, 02:34:10 PM »

I have a new Pro 2000 system with only window/door sensors installed. It all set up ok, but when I have the system in Run2 ( pleasant chime) mode,  and have some windows or doors open the console randomly chimes,  always 4 chimes and sometimes 3-4 minutes apart and sometimes 35-40 minutes apart. Any ideas why?/ All are installed with new batteries and the console does not show any flashing lights indicating any problems. The only flashing light is the monitoring light, which I assume once the Monitoring company gets me set up should clear.

Thanks!

largent

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Pro2000 console chimes
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 10:06:45 PM »

Had the same problem/question when I bought my DS7000 unit, you need a palmpad remote or similar. Then you have to register the powerhorn. Meaning you et it to the same house code and an unused unit code, like A15...then you have to take your palmpad and turn A15 on and off several times until the powerhorn goes off. Lasts about 3 seconds, then it goes off and it's registered....hope that helped

TrialandError

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Pro2000 console chimes
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 08:43:42 PM »

You are lucky that your console chimes. I am looking for an answer that it will chime. Also I can not keep my monitor led from blinking.

PS2000 per instruction of the installerguide: page 20. Set the console to RUN mode and press the Monitor button. Wait 5 seconds then click on Download.The status line will show a series of options being downloaded to the console and the console will chime after a succesfull download. Here is my experience: The console shows only 2 messages. It start with "Sending answer string" and after a while  "Modem Reset" and then nothing happens the Console does not Chime I have reported before that the console does not Chime nor Beeps when installing a keychain remote or a Door/Window sensor. Are these also one off the flaws of my PSC09C?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.