Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: [AHP Add-On] X10WavPlayer (Add Sound)  (Read 251613 times)

tomh

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: [AHP Add-On] X10WavPlayer (Add Sound)
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2008, 01:29:25 PM »

Hi,

I attempted to download the WavPlayer program today and encountered a snag.  I used the WinRAR program to run the program without success.  I receive an error message stating it is an unknown format or the file is damaged.  It downloads fine, it just doesn't execute the actual program.  Any suggestions?  Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

tomh

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2008, 03:50:05 PM »

If you have windows XP use it to extract I've not tried it with winrar.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Bill H

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2008, 11:40:33 AM »

Tuicemen-

It’s been a while, but I’ve been busy:

Reinstalled my entire X10 system on another computer and added PcCompanion (we call her Maggie) with better results.

Instead of running twice and not unloading from the system tray (causing it to fail virtually all the time), Maggie will now go for hours, a day, or more sometimes, with no problems: she will load, speak, and unload as designed. However, suddenly she will stop unloading and eventually fail.

Most of my time has been spent trying to make her fail under specific situations to help you pin down a potential answer. Unfortunately, I can’t find any combination that causes the malfunction.

The only significant difference between computers is that the original one has SoundBlaster Audigy 5.1 surround; this new computer has a conventional Turtle Beach sound card. Both machines are running XP Pro.

Could the fact it’s allowed to run twice (the first for phone monitoring, which I don’t use) be missed in some situations so it doesn’t close down? Could the software call to the sound card be a source of the problem? (You said yours works fine.)

Maggie has become a family member and she needs your help desperately…or she might have to "byte" the bullet! Seriously, any help you can give is much appreciated. Tnx!

hpdrifter

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2008, 11:13:05 PM »

I have tried to download X10WavPlayer over the course of a few days and all I get is 620~mb and the file is corrupt.

I tried to just "Open" it and it gave me a corrupt message box.

Any help?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2008, 12:14:52 PM »

Bill H  I've been on a extended layoff  so Have been at the cottage most of the time It will be a while before I have a chance to look into this I'll see about  adding a forced close after Xnumber of seconds if started via a batch file! but it may be mid November be fore I get that added!
hpdrifter is it X10WavPlayer your having problems with or PC Companion?
I can e-mail you the installer  just let me know which one!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Bill H

« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2008, 01:46:16 PM »

Tuicemen-
Sounds like a plan...enjoy the time off! And thanks, as always!

Bill H

« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2008, 04:16:21 PM »

Tuicemen-
Had a thought: Am I the only one with this problem? (Everyone seems to be OK, but I thought I saw it elsewhere as well.) If I am the only one, let me know and I'll do more troubleshooting before you spend any more time on it.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2008, 06:53:09 PM »

I'll dig a little deeper into this If I recall the program did not close for me using an old batch file!
I think I've deleted or rewrote it :' is it just one batch file that causes this or is it random?
 -:) If it is one particular batch file that continues to cause the problem send it to me It might help me nail down the issue! ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hpdrifter

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2008, 09:12:36 PM »

Tuice, it was wavplayer.  Must not like dialup. PC Companion wouldn't even start, file unavailabe or something. Was able to download it(wavplayer) at work and transfer it to my computer at home.

It wouldn't build bat files tho.  So, I just opened up your sample; "hello world" into Notepad, filled in my file name and it worked ok.

But, I still get the dreaded crash on AHP for some reason, then I've got to re do the macro to supply the link for the "Windows procedure".

something might flakey about the AHP software.

Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2008, 10:55:01 PM »

Tuice, it was wavplayer.  Must not like dialup. PC Companion wouldn't even start, file unavailabe or something. Was able to download it(wavplayer) at work and transfer it to my computer at home.

It wouldn't build bat files tho.  So, I just opened up your sample; "hello world" into Notepad, filled in my file name and it worked ok.

But, I still get the dreaded crash on AHP for some reason, then I've got to re do the macro to supply the link for the "Windows procedure".

something might flakey about the AHP software.

Thanks
Yes others with dialup have had download issues. I'll look into the batch file build process and hopefully get that fixed by Nov.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Bill H

« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2008, 09:30:12 AM »

Tuicemen-
It appears to be random. Re-wrote many for trials and also ran them as EXE files using the program you once suggested earlier. Also tried changing locations. One thing forgot to mention: "@ echo Off" produced weird error code when any batch file is run. Too fast to read, but it looked something like: "Cannot read LL (graphics characters)."  Removed "@ echo off" with same results. File ran, however.

Bill H

« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2008, 09:44:33 AM »

Tuicemen-
Forget about the "@ echo off problem." Seems to be fine on the new computer (my brain was on the earlier tries before I switched computers). So: No problems reported, mostly everything works fine, but after a few days or less, it hangs.

Again, if this is a known issue, let me know and I'll continue testing.  :)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2008, 07:50:33 PM »

I, too, once had a problem downloading wavplayer.  Yes, I'm on dial-up.  That's when a friend recommended that I get "GetRight" or some other suitable download manager.  Worked like a charm.  Thank's TT  ;)
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

thejfk

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2008, 09:47:21 PM »

Hey Tuicemen,
I downloaded your wavplayer.
I can get as far as listening to the test sounds, but when I try to create a macro,I just get a short chirp.
When I try to create a batch file nothing happens when I click OK.
Any help would be appreciated

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2008, 06:15:21 PM »

I just posted an update  for x10wavplayer V2.0.0.0 which fixes the batch file builder and adds some fail safes when creating the files!
thejfk if you still have problems with the sound executing let me know!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.