Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WS467 Problems  (Read 8722 times)

RJMiller

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
WS467 Problems
« on: October 16, 2006, 05:55:23 PM »

Yes, I know it is well documented that they turn themselves on...

I have a fairly large project that is about to go down the toilet if I cannot get one site under control.  I have looked for source of noise... nada.  I have used various different modules (all WS467) to no avail.  I have implemented the 10k resister accross the unused legs of the IC.  I have also cut local control without success.  At this point it looks like 90% of the wall switches work fine and reliably but this ONE location is going to be the one that breaks the bank.

Can anyone suggest a different device... needs to fit into a standard switchplate (toggle type like the WS467 does).  Price is not an object at this point because I am looking at giving all back otherwise.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

RJ

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: WS467 Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 06:04:14 PM »

Is there a Neutral Power Wire available in the spot where the problem is?
This may assist in a possible replacement as some do need a neutral wire. I also gather you want it to dim and not be just on or off.

RJMiller

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 01:07:18 PM »

Is there a Neutral Power Wire available in the spot where the problem is?
This may assist in a possible replacement as some do need a neutral wire. I also gather you want it to dim and not be just on or off.

There is a neutral in the box but the WS467 does not have a neutral lead.  It functions only with incandescent lamps (resistive load).  I don't need to dim.  Just need it to stay off till it is turned on.

RJ

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 02:12:42 PM »

Reason I asked about a Neutral is some switches use it. That way the power is not being stolen through the load like the WS467 does. Will see if I can find anything on other brand switches.

RJMiller

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 06:23:18 PM »

Reason I asked about a Neutral is some switches use it. That way the power is not being stolen through the load like the WS467 does. Will see if I can find anything on other brand switches.

Thanks, I ordered a ToggleLinc at 3 times the price of the WS467.  Hopefully it will fill in places where the WS467's won't work.  I like the X10 switches and they work in over 90 percent of the places I have tried to use them.  Also give me a reasonable profit margin so I don't have to do projects only for the rich.

RJ

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 06:31:30 PM »

Did you download the users manual. Just so you know how it works. I don't know if the switch uses dials like X10 or is programmed by X10 commands after putting it in a program mode. All of mine are signal programmed but I have a mix of Insteon and X10 right now.

RJMiller

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 08:33:25 AM »

Did you download the users manual. Just so you know how it works. I don't know if the switch uses dials like X10 or is programmed by X10 commands after putting it in a program mode. All of mine are signal programmed but I have a mix of Insteon and X10 right now.

Read the manual... says you put it in programming mode then send a command from some type of controller... like a remote.

RJ

RJMiller

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 06:38:17 PM »

In case anyone interested... the ToggleLinc switch cured this problem at this site.  Don't know what it was but out of 15 WS467's I have installed this was the only location that had a problem.  I will keep a ToggleLinc in my back pocket in the future but keep using the WS467's.  Price is about 4 times as great.

RJ

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 06:48:58 PM »

Glad you got it to work.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.