Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Programming Togglelinc with ActiveHome Pro USB device  (Read 8189 times)

Bemith

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Programming Togglelinc with ActiveHome Pro USB device
« on: February 28, 2006, 07:45:42 PM »

I am interested in purchasing a Togglelinc switch. However I read that a separate X10 transmitter is required to set the Base Code. Can the code be set through the ActiveHome Computer program with the USB CM15A?

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Programming Togglelinc with ActiveHome Pro USB device
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 01:10:21 PM »

You can program Togglelinc switches with ActiveHome Pro. We put special macro commands in specifically to support the address-only sequence used.

vs

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 10:58:30 PM »

You write:
You can program Togglelinc switches with ActiveHome Pro. We put special macro commands in specifically to support the address-only sequence used.

Could you please give an example of how to do this?  I have a brand new CM15A and all my switches are togglelinc.  I am new to this and need specific easy instructions please!!
Thank you,
vs

Jordi

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 06:05:33 PM »

Attached is a screenshot of a macro I use to send the "Clear" sequence.  If I do not include the delays, the macro does not work properly.  I created a separate macro for each type of sequence.  Unfortunately, I had to set the the dim levels manually since the dim commands in AHP do not work properly with the dim commands used by the *Linc switches.

Bemith

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 07:25:48 PM »

I know I asked the question, but I have done it. Quite simply without using macros, what you have to do is set the switch up on room view and assign the switch a code.  If you press the led button on the switch for about 5 seconds (the insructions say 3, but its about 5) and the light blinks, then throw an on command from the computer on that switch, you will have assigned it its house code.

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 11:27:03 AM »

Unfortunately, I had to set the the dim levels manually since the dim commands in AHP do not work properly with the dim commands used by the *Linc switches.

If you use the SDK, you can send Preset Dim commands.  I wrote a program for programming SmartHome modules with the CM15A.  I have been meaning to post it somewhere, but haven't gotten around to it yet.  I will try to do that soon.

GBrooksOKOK

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 09:55:55 AM »

If you use the SDK, you can send Preset Dim commands.  I wrote a program for programming SmartHome modules with the CM15A.  I have been meaning to post it somewhere, but haven't gotten around to it yet.  I will try to do that soon.

Roger, if you are still around I would love to get a hold of your program for SmartHome modules.  I've got a ToggleLinc dimming switch on the way (the 23890) and would like to be able to use it to it's full capability.  Hopefully you still read these forums.

Thanks.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.