Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 and Powerline Networking Adapters  (Read 3388 times)

whitney roberts

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 and Powerline Networking Adapters
« on: October 26, 2006, 04:02:54 PM »

Greetings everyone, I have searched the forum and didn't find much of anything definitive, so I wanted to pose a question:

Is anyone here on the forum using both X10 products (I currently have ActiveHome Pro and numerous X10 light switches and outlets installed in my home) and powerline networking successfully within their home?

My house has some construction challenges for me to run new cabling and I'd really, really like to be able to implement some of the newest Netgear equipment if it will not kill my X10 and/or vice-versa.

Here's the specs on what I'm looking at - http://www.netgear.com/Products/PowerlineNetworking/PowerlineEthernetAdapters/HDX101.aspx

I would appreciate any and all feedback on this topic.  Thanks!

vhoang

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
    • Automation Tips & Mini DLLs
Re: X10 and Powerline Networking Adapters
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 04:22:24 PM »

yea it works fine.   I'm using 2 XE102 & 4 XE104s with bunch of X10 stuff.   you're ok.

side note:  don't get to excited with the speed advertisement of those things.   they work as soon as you plug them in which is great.   surf the web, play movies, but don't expect to get much more than 1/10th of the advertise throughput (even in the same room).   

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 07:02:25 PM »

One other side note... Netgear is not known for its user friendly customer service support. I have not needed to contact them but I have heard bad reports from people that have.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

whitney roberts

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 03:13:02 PM »

Thank you both for your reply. 

I have dealt with Netgear's customer support before and it is less than stellar.  However, I have quite a bit of their networking products in my house, and they always work well together and perform as good as I can expect them to considering what I pay for them. ;)

Thanks,
Whitney

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.