Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Transmitter distance  (Read 33964 times)

silentbuddha

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Silent Buddha
Transmitter distance
« on: October 29, 2006, 10:18:57 AM »

Hi All,

1.) I was wondering if anyone has any info on what is the max distance the the signal will travel before reception quality gets affected.

2.) It is for certain that my multi-media PC is at least 15 ft away from each of my TV sets.  Will I need some sort of signal amplifier / booster to extend the distance of the video/audio signals.  If so, where should I purchase these products ?

Thanks in advance for assistance !

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Transmitter distance
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 10:02:27 PM »

Hi All,

1.) I was wondering if anyone has any info on what is the max distance the the signal will travel before reception quality gets affected.

2.) It is for certain that my multi-media PC is at least 15 ft away from each of my TV sets.  Will I need some sort of signal amplifier / booster to extend the distance of the video/audio signals.  If so, where should I purchase these products ?

Thanks in advance for assistance !

Are you asking about video sender/receivers? I send about 40 feet and up through the floor.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

vhoang

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
    • Automation Tips & Mini DLLs
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 10:44:42 PM »

Keep interference at a minimal by avoiding other 2.4ghz equpment when using video sender/receiver.

Equipment that will likely interfere (make video fuzzy):
2.4ghz phones
802.11b/g wireless routers.

I've getting good signals about 30 ft away.   For some reason certain corners / walls in my house
causes problem cuts down the distance, but moving it a little helps around those areas.

There's no way to really re-amplify the signal along it's path to the receiver.

silentbuddha

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Silent Buddha
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 12:11:34 AM »

Thanks Dave and Vhoang,

Thanks for the info guys...much appreciated....thank god i kept my 900Mhz wireless phones.....LOL....any suggestions as to how I can get around the wireless router interference issue ?  I am not a fan of the cat-5 cables.

thanks for the help in advance.....

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 06:58:48 AM »

Sometimes picking a different channel on the wireless network and cameras can find a combination with minimum interference; but not always.

zach1234

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 11:19:48 PM »

Most wireless networks run on that very same radio frequency. If you’ve tried all of our other troubleshooting tips and you’re still getting a fuzzy picture on your TV screen from your Sentinel, the problem could be radio interference from your wireless network. Try unplugging it and seeing if the picture clears up. If it does, then you’ve found the problem.

To decrease interference, your wireless router/access point should be placed as far away from your video Sender as possible. Try placing it in a different room or, if possible, on a different floor. You can also try switching your wireless connection to channel 11 and see if that helps

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.