Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The path to actuall Customer service  (Read 5744 times)

unofornaio

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
The path to actuall Customer service
« on: November 03, 2006, 12:50:31 PM »

Hello all,

I read the post below this but have an immediate need to resolve my order issue so if no one minds please let this post serve as double duty..intro and question.
My name is Gino and I started out with x10-products that at friend showed me and ordered the 3 camera deal ohh..about 10 years ago I then added the ds7000 with lots of extras an lastly Active Home. I have to say over all I have been pleased with the performance of the products.
As far as the Newbees Posting issue I have to say that quite honestly I am overwhelmed by the amount of information available in the forums. Each product I have has its little quirks then add to that the individual circumstances of each persons home or apt wiring, walls, ect. and you have a huge system of variables. So as I have done in the past searching for hours may not produce something that may apply to MY circumstance although it is a frequently asked question. Perhaps a revamp of the search engine in someway? All I know personally is that the answers to most common question are here but it is MORE OF AN EFFORT TO FIND THEM THAN TO POST IT AGAIN and the real issue is that most people are going to take the easy way out. ....... but I must say that the few times I have asked questions the replies have been courteous and helpfull so thank you to those with patients....ahaaaaa....thats enough for now.

Now my question:
I recently purchased a AHP package deal that included iWhitness, myHouse,Smart macro, wireless repeater and 3 slimline switches all for 49.99 which is a good deal I think. The problem is that I received the hardware in the mail very quickly but they only sent me a link to  download the macro program. I called, e-mailed, chatted asking for the remainder of my order but NOTHING...... NO reply to MY E-MAILS the person on the phone said she would send the link via my e-mail NOTHING... So my question is those of you that know the x-10 system of customer service as far as what actually produces results, could you please offer me a place to call or e-mail or whatever to really get the help I need. I would really appreciate it.
I guess while I'm at it I will ask what everyones thoughts are about including the iWitness software or anything for that matter in a package and not indicating on the package page that an additional purchase is necessary to actually use it, is this not misleading?... thanks
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 12:58:02 PM by unofornaio »

unofornaio

Re: The path to actuall Customer service
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 05:31:26 PM »

Well that was a real warm reception Im glad I did this.....

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 06:44:11 PM »

All of the AHP software is only by download. We have asked but that is the way it is.
I am not farmilliar with the exact package you bought. Was it an add on for owners of the AHP software and CM15A USB interface?
Most here are volunteers and X10 folks chime in on occasion.

unofornaio

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 04:35:51 PM »

Thanks for replying Brian,

here is a link to the package I purchased. http://www.x10.com/promotions/cm15a_ed_sr731_ss15a.html

I finally got through and they sent me the links via e-mail----and  get this it just keeps getting better the e-mails they sent me had nothing to identify that it was from X-10 just some girls name, whats up with that? have they ever heard of SPAM????...So thought I was on the road to actually USING my new purchase but I guess not. NOW the problem is that you can only download the software to the comp you are going to use it on and that one is not net ready..by choice... It took me the better part of 3 hrs to find that one out. What is up with the download only thing...Ive read the past post from all you guys about this and they made sense to me..I'm not a programmer by any stretch but it seems simple to me..You have a company that is CREATING this software NOT PURCHASING IT FROM SOMEONE and they cant hire out to have some dam Cd's made up..this is just poor business practice. again I'm not in the industry but what can the additional cost be $1.00 at the most to burn a CD? I know it cant be that much because I have about 100 in a pile from AOL......
So now I have all this time invested in something that really I cannot use for what is says it can be used for  WHICH IS WHY I PURCHASED IT in the first place because it didn't come with the VA11A.  But what I'm still steamed about is the feeling of being cheated or tricked.
Anyway thanks for your reply please do not take the CAPS personally If you guys were not on this forum I would have already sent the order back because I have gotten no help from x-10..hmmmm thats something to think about..no really...think about it, having you guys on this forum is actually providing a FREE service for X-10.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 04:55:01 PM »

Oh don't worry about the CAPS. Some BBs and Forums call that shouting and rude. Many messages here have Caps or Bigger Fonts to emphasis things.
Buried deeply on some web page the Download of software is mentioned but many have found this out when trying to use it on a different computer or one not on a network. I believe also after a set number of registrations; like a hard drive crashed. X10 has to reset the counter or you get no more.
Sorry I can't give you more help and hope a few others here may jump in with more suggestions.

tjdavj

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 06:41:43 PM »

NOW the problem is that you can only download the software to the comp you are going to use it on

I'm curious where the above quote originated?

Two weeks ago I downloaded ActiveHome Pro, iWitness, SmartMacros and MyHouse Online on to my laptop. Then I copied the files to a flashdrive and moved them to the desktop computer I was going to run ActiveHomePro on and had no problems at all. Everything installed fine and worked as expected.

The one issue I did experience was that once you install the VA11A interface driver it is linked to the specific USB port that the VA11A is plugged into. If you unplug the VA11A and then plug it into another USB port, it will typically install the WRONG drivers, and you will have to manually update them.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 06:50:08 PM »

Thanks for that information. I believe others had never tried the method you used and that may have contributed to the computer downloaded to.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.