Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lamp Modules Polarized?  (Read 8602 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Lamp Modules Polarized?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 01:52:23 PM »

They would make light bulbs last for years!

Home Automation is an always changing technology

MrBlackCat

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 12:21:03 AM »

Do you remember the little button shaped devises that had a diode in them? They were made just the right size to fit in a lamp socket.
I still use some of those little diodes... now I just use 130V bulbs mostly, but back then (way?) those diodes were great in the stair lights and any lights in hard to reach places.
(wow, you guys are old hu?  Hehehe)

John Martin
MrBlackCat
Homeminder, and CP290... The good ole days. :)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 09:53:12 AM »

Do you remember the little button shaped devises that had a diode in them? They were made just the right size to fit in a lamp socket.
I still use some of those little diodes... now I just use 130V bulbs mostly, but back then (way?) those diodes were great in the stair lights and any lights in hard to reach places.
(wow, you guys are old hu?  Hehehe)
Yeah I have a couple spot bulbs that keep burning out and are a pain to replace. I could use a couple of those buttons or find a long life bulb that size.

As to age... Most people guess early 40s but the drivers license says I'm a bit over 50.  ;)

Also welcome and thanks for your informative posts. It won't be long before you hit the magic number of posts and shed your newbie status. With the exception of those of us grandfathered in from the previous old board, everyone has started here as a newbie.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 06:08:23 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »

YES! I have desperately been looking for the "Bulb Life Extender" buttons, but can find none, even on eBay. Does anyone know of a source? I need about six.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.