Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Inexpensive lens protection for Vanguard cameras  (Read 7428 times)

tjdavj

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Inexpensive lens protection for Vanguard cameras
« on: November 10, 2006, 12:20:51 PM »

After I received my new VK77A Vanguard camera, I realized that the only concern I had was that the exposed lens of the camera was prone to contamination and cleaning it could affect the optical coating. I did some research and found that All Electronics offered a 1.25" glass disc that would cover the optics of the Vanguard. [ part# LNS-39 5 discs for $.75]

The disc covers the Vanguard optics perfectly, although you will have to mount the disc to the optics.

Mounting procedure:

1. Examine the Vanguard optics and if needed,clean the lens properly.
2. Clean the glass disc properly. (I recommend that you wear fresh latex gloves to avoid fingerprints)
3. Applying 2 very small drops of "Shoe Goop" to the rim of the disc (180 degrees apart) and then positioning the disc onto the optics.    [You only want the glue to contact the rim of the Vanguard optics, NOT the lens!]
   a. Use a toothpick or a pin to apply glue to the disc.
   b. cleanup any excessive glue immediately.

This will work for all of X10 PTZ cameras.

Obviously, if you perform any modifications to X10 equipment, you do so at your own risk.

ps. I have no connection with All Electronics other than being a satisfied customer.

Hopefully, this will be helpful to someone.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.