Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UR74A double sending everything  (Read 19075 times)

Eves

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
UR74A double sending everything
« on: September 08, 2006, 03:14:11 PM »

I just got my 5-1 remote and I started setting it up. I found the right code for my TV and did the set up as instructed and when I hit the power button...the TV turned off and then back on immediately. So I used my original remote to turn it back on. I then clicked the channel up button on the UR74A. The TV's channel went up not one but two channels.

I tried all of the different code for my TV and the only one that did anything was the one that seemed to be double sending things. So I went and set up the remote for my DVR/Cable box. Unfortunately, there was no code listed for my Motorola DVR/Cable box but I was easily able to search for it. However, once again the remote appears to be double sending things. Again I was moving up/down two channels instead of one and the power button would turn it off and on right away.

Does anyone have a solution? If not, this thing is a waste for me.

Eves

Re: UR74A double sending everything
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 06:19:43 PM »

Also, I am finding I cannot program the majority of my DVR buttons on the UR74A. If I cannot use basic buttons like Play, Fast Forward, or Rewind this remote is not going to be useful. Anyone have any thoughts?

WillyS

• Helpful Post Rating: -3
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 12:37:03 PM »

Also, I am finding I cannot program the majority of my DVR buttons on the UR74A. If I cannot use basic buttons like Play, Fast Forward, or Rewind this remote is not going to be useful. Anyone have any thoughts?

The UR74A is just $hit, guy. From DAY 1, It never worked right out of the box. Like most of the other x10 devices - they're as reliable as the weather!

allen55

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 06:48:21 PM »

How to program the x10 learning remote control without using device codes

Hold down the “Setup Button” until the red led light stays on.
Click one of the functions you want to use: IE: TV, VCR, CBL or, X-10 until light begins to blink.
Start clicking the CHAN +(UP) button until the channel changes. Once the channel changes you have found the code for that device, Click the ENT Button to save the code for that device.

To test it clicks the Power Off button for that device to turn off. If it turn off then you are done and Repeat these same steps to program your other devices such as your cable/box.

I hope this help you out.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.